News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

National Train Day

Started by Cody J, May 09, 2009, 09:42:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cody J

I would like to wish everyone a happy National Train Day.

-Cody
CSX Mt. Storm Subdivision- Freemont, West Virginia

http://s277.photobucket.com/albums/kk49/trainsrock96/

az2rail

May all your couplers stay coupled, and yours wheel stay on the track.

Bruce
If your parents never had children, chances are you won't either.

amtrakfann808

LOL happy trainday to all! and to all chugg night!!!!

lol sorry i was tryin to copy santa dont think it was that good anywho happy natinal train day. ;D

SteamGene

I got into the train barn to get a saw to cut down some trash trees in the 1:1 world.  I wore my C&O 50ton hopper t-shirt and got stopped by a guy in the commissary.  He had worked as a gandy dancer in college and a relative worked for the SP.  Unfortunately, he likes Big Boys....  :D
Gene
Chief Brass Hat
Virginia Tidewater and Piedmont Railroad
"Only coal fired steam locomotives"

glennk28

I was disappointed.  Quite a bit of to-do in our local paper about the event in Dunsmuir, CA--so went there--a few old lfolks sitting around the Amshack, passing out a bit of literature on schedules.  Nothing else.  Outside--s 3-unit set of UP helpers shut down.   gj

Santa Fe buff

I thought tomorrow what going to be Train Day, so I planned everything for tomorrow for nothing! It's like getting kicked by an Irish Leprechaun. 

Joshua
- Joshua Bauer

jward

every day is train day, if you want it to be.

in my case can't help it. a busy main line runs 100 feet from my door....
Jeffery S Ward Sr
Pittsburgh, PA

Chris350

Quote from: glennk28 on May 09, 2009, 08:53:27 PM
I was disappointed.  Quite a bit of to-do in our local paper about the event in Dunsmuir, CA--so went there--a few old lfolks sitting around the Amshack, passing out a bit of literature on schedules.  Nothing else.  Outside--s 3-unit set of UP helpers shut down.   gj
You must have just missed UP 844.  It just left Ogden UT, today, after two weeks out your way.  I was in Ogden for Train Day.  I'll be posting pics to my host later this week after the scans come back from the lab.  Yep I shot film.  I forgot the battery for the digicam....