News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Dynamis Infrared DCC

Started by siemer, June 03, 2009, 12:37:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

siemer

Can you adjust sound volume on a DCC/Tsunami-equipped locomotive using the Bachmann Dynamis Infrared DCC system?

OkieRick

Quote from: siemer on June 03, 2009, 12:37:18 PM
Can you adjust sound volume on a DCC/Tsunami-equipped locomotive using the Bachmann Dynamis Infrared DCC system?

Yes, CVs are programable with the Dynamis Control System.  I own and use the Dynamis but have not yet had to program any CVs.  You'll need to know which Decoder you have, the CV(s) you need to program and to be safe I'd have the Tsunami User Manual and Technical Manual - available on the Soundtraxx website.

Wish I could help more.

Post a Q: to Bach-man here.

Rick
Invacare 2-2-2 TDX5 Tilt Recline & Elevate - 24v - ALS Head Control
God Bless Jimmie Rogers the Singing Brakeman

the Bach-man

Dear Siemer,
Rick is correct: CVs can be changed with Dynamis.
Have fun!
the Bach-man

jim margerum

Hello All: While on the subject, just how visible does the receiver unit have to be with this setup? Do you have to aim the handheld at the receiver to sent the signal? I didn't want to mount the receiver unit on the layout surface or make it a part of the scenery. With LGBs hand held wireless control, I never had to aim in any direction for control. Now, switching to On30, I would still like to be hand held and wireless, but not with having the receiver showing. Thanks in advance, Jim

OkieRick

The Command Station is wired to the track and plugs into the wall with a transformer (wall wart).  Wen I had mine connected the most I had was a flat track with lots of scenery, tools, train parts, etc covering the 4x8.  My Command Station was located on one corner of the 4x8.  I never "aimed" my control at it.  The Commnd Station has to only be in a clear angle of view view with the hand held control - the wireless hand control and Command Station talk to each other wirelessly using RF.

As ar as hiding the Command Station - f the Hand Held Wireless Receiver can "talk" to the Station all is well.  I do not know for sure but if the Station was beneath a cardboard or foam hill or mountain or behind trees I think it would work.  It was held below track level (in someone's lap) while being used and it woked with the Command Station here.  There was 1/2" of plywood between the two units then.

Rick

Invacare 2-2-2 TDX5 Tilt Recline & Elevate - 24v - ALS Head Control
God Bless Jimmie Rogers the Singing Brakeman