News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Going to see zephyr

Started by 9911A E5, May 08, 2009, 11:03:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

9911A E5

Santa Fe Buff & I are going to see the Nebraska Zephyr at irm on May 24th & 25th we are both looking forward to it.

Santa Fe Buff & 9911A E5

Santa Fe buff

It should be a lot of fun. Parents are considering it, they're thinking on plans and it looks hopeful. I hope we'll have a great time, and to see some Bachmann peoples there.  ;)

Joshua
- Joshua Bauer

Yampa Bob

Hmmm, don't know about turning you two loose at IRM. I'll be watching for the "wanted" posters. LOL

Anyway, here's some homework for you. Hope you have a good time and post some pics.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nebraska_Zephyr
I know what I wrote, I don't need a quote
Rule Number One: It's Our Railroad.  Rule Number Two: Refer to Rule Number One.

Jhanecker2

Have a good time at the Illinois Railway Museum; the Zephyr is a glorious train.  I have been aboard ,I believe.  My brother in law is / was a member of IRM.  The train station is Marengo's  old one .    I live there about three miles up the tracks from the IRM.  I remember   being aboard the Pioneer Zephyr  " Silver Streak " on exhibit at the Museum of Science and Industry .   It is now indoors since the museum campus was rebuilt.  I must admit the thing I enjoyed most at the  IRM is to see where the various forms of electrical connectors and products I inspected  at  Pyle National  were eventually  installed and used .  Be Good ,  I will be listening.     John  II

Santa Fe buff

Bob,

If Northern Illinois is reportedly obliterated by an Atomic Bomb, you'll know why... Not that I have one...  ;)

Josh
- Joshua Bauer