News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

DD40AX In Stock Date?

Started by herc driver, March 01, 2009, 11:43:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

herc driver

Great!  My thanks for the information regarding the version and commentary with each production run.  I've read some positive things about the upcoming version - many of your concerns were addressed in the review of the latest prototype version- so I'm hoping Bachmann changed the design shortcomings as necessary on the finished piece. 

I'm not a rivet-counter per se, and being able to see a slight design flaw in Nscale is tough.  But like many other people, I want an engine to look "right".  I've noticed several of my Bachmann engines are oversized compared to those of other manufacturers...something I can live with, but it affects how my boys and I operate our layout.  We normally won't mix a Bachmann engine with other manufacturers in the same lash-up.  The Dash-8 wide cabs, for example, are scaled more closely to other brands and have some nice detailing, but loose points with the oversized handrails and don't quite look "right" running with other similar engines. 

I have high hopes that this DD40 will be a substantial improvement over previous production runs. 

herc driver

Well...we're getting through April...and according to my LHS owner, there's been none released yet. 

I know...I'm supposed to be patient. ::)

westsidelumber12

Are you kidding me? I JUST bought a old bachmann DD40X and there making new ones?! Man that stinks, the kind i got if int he old white box, i know nothing about it, anyone know how they run or the minimum radius?

Santa Fe ALL The Way

Its true....

C855B

Minimum radius is ~9"... and of course it looks ridiculous on it.  :-\

They run OK considering that only one truck is powered. I discovered that the retaining ears which keep the trucks in the frame are fragile, so it's maybe a bit too easy to turn it into a non-runnable "yard queen".

westsidelumber12

Well, i didn't know i had 11" curves and bought more thinking they were bigger and they were the same so I'm taking them back tomorrow and I'm buying some 19" curves so it should look pretty good going around.
Santa Fe ALL The Way

Its true....

C855B

At risk of asking to spoil a possible pleasant surprise...  :D

Mr. Bach-mann: do the Centennials happen to be in the same container with the 44-tonners?

the Bach-man

Dear All,
I have requested delivery updates, and will post them when I get them.
Have fun!
the Bach-man

herc driver

Well...we're in May now...wonder when the DD's will be released?   ???

herc driver

Any updates Bach Man? 

We're almost done with May and haven't heard a thing at my Local Hobby Store regarding a shipping date.

Hope it's soon!   :)