News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Anybody has cats??

Started by pamardon, May 10, 2009, 10:27:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pamardon

How do you prevent cats destroying your setting??
Im working on a layout..but now im really scared of my cats trying to get on top of everything and destroy my work  :(

fieromike

Other than inflicting a neighbor with your cats, locking them out of the layout area is the best way.  Cats hate citrus oil.  You can temporarily place your orange  and grapefruit rinds on the layout.  They will soon learn that it isn't worth the bother of investigating if all they get is a whiff of citrus.  I have also had good luck with Bounce, etc., dryer sheets.  Just toss a few on the layout when not play..., I mean operating.

TCWORLD

Close the door. Keep them out of the room.

My cat keeps climbing on and damaging my layout. All i do is throw her off it when she climbs up there. They soon get the message.
Tom

-~The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time~-

r0bert

100% effective

;D

Guilford Guy

A friend of mine purchased a motion sensing water sprayer, and its worked pretty well! (no more half eaten trees)
http://wrsrr.blogspot.com/2008/06/combat-with-catzilla.html

Alex

dtpowell

Quote from: Guilford Guy on May 11, 2009, 06:13:13 PM
A friend of mine purchased a motion sensing water sprayer, and its worked pretty well! (no more half eaten trees)
http://wrsrr.blogspot.com/2008/06/combat-with-catzilla.html

Guilford Guy,
I have a similar situation. An under the Xmas tree Tinplate Standard/O gauge layout I run in my lower level family room. My cat has decided this makes a great alternative cat box. No train damage to date, only to the layout surface in one area. I currently use a foam core board fence to block the cat. It's inconvient, doesn't look great and doesn't keep the kurious Kitty from roaming thru the holiday neighborhood while the trains are operating. (The fuzy lil' critter likes the trains) I like your solution of the sprayer. You may have saved Christmas in my home.

Many thanks, Dave

NKP

I've heard placing balloons around the edges of a layout will stop cats with the first POP!

NKP  :o

4-8-4 Chaser

Cats don't like the "boogey man".  One way to get them thinking the "boogey man" lives on your layout is to place set mouse traps under sheets of newpaper on the layout.  The cat steps on the paper, trap goes off and cat gets their fur scared off and no damage is done to the cat.  I have been doing this for over forty years everytime a new cat moves in.  Works with kittens or adults and has yet to fail me.  Our vet gave me the idea as he had the same problem.

brokemoto

Guawanteed One Hundwed Puh Cent effective against bad ol' puddy 'tats.

Also, one hundwed puh cent hazardous to their heawth.

We do not have cats, because the GF's Tweety Birds would not awwow them inside.