News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Wrangling bro’s?

Started by amtrakfann808, May 11, 2009, 07:14:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

amtrakfann808

I think bachmen shuld make a Wrangling bro's circus train set for all scale and gauge!

just post and tell me what you think!

SteamGene

I think one was Hatfield Wrangling and the other was Mac Coy Wrangling and they each had an interest in Penelope Siding. 
Gene
Chief Brass Hat
Virginia Tidewater and Piedmont Railroad
"Only coal fired steam locomotives"

rustyrails

I'm pretty sure that Penelope married Bronco Nagurski when he graduated from Notre Dame.

Guilford Guy

It would require completely new tooling in every scale, and would cost the purchasers over $1,000.00 because of the amount of cars the Ringling Brothers Barnum & Bailey train would demand.
Alex

Woody Elmore

The Ringling Brothers, Barnum and Bailey Circus is very protective of their brand. Back in the 70s they forced Walthers to stop selling kits with RBB&B decals. They also own the rights to the legacy circuses, such as P.T. Barnum's Greatest Show on Earth, so those models can't be sold without giving the circus their fee for using the name. It limits what manufacturers can produce.

If you are interested in circus models Walthers did produce an entire series of circus equipment in HO scale. You might be able to locate them on ebay. There are several dozen cars and items (such as a calliope wagon) in the series. I don't recall that they produced the second series - circus modeling is a niche area and I'm sure the circus models didn't fly out of the Walther's warehouse.

Johnson Bar Jeff

Quote from: SteamGene on May 11, 2009, 08:35:01 PM
I think one was Hatfield Wrangling and the other was Mac Coy Wrangling and they each had an interest in Penelope Siding. 
Gene

Quote from: rustyrails on May 11, 2009, 10:34:40 PM
I'm pretty sure that Penelope married Bronco Nagurski when he graduated from Notre Dame.

After Penelope dumped them both for Bronco, they got over their differences and went into business together, manufacturing Wrangler jeans.

ebtnut

Way back when, an outfit named Wardie Jay produced a line of circus car kits.  Keep an eye out at train shows and E-bay.  Yes, they are craftsman kits, but as I recall they built up nicely. 

SteamGene

Now, why did you go and put the thread back on the mainline?   ;D
Gene
Chief Brass Hat
Virginia Tidewater and Piedmont Railroad
"Only coal fired steam locomotives"

rustyrails

Penelope was actually a first cousin to Calliope Wagon, a rather petulent young girl.  When the circus train was late, Calliope whould sit around and blow off steam to keep from really getting angry and blowing her top.  When Penelope and Bronco got married, Calliope played the wedding march for them.  Mind you I have no documentation for this story, just family tradition.   ;D 
Rusty

renniks

I have a couple of music files of Calliope letting off steam (not the Wedding March).

Eric UK

Stephen D. Richards

Didn't Calliope Wagon run off with Sly Siding after Penelope and Bronco got hitched?  Sly was from the other side of the tracks!  At least that was what I heard.   ;D                   Stephen

Johnson Bar Jeff

Are we being bad, here?  ???

Whole thread reminds me of the general e-mail we all received at my job yesterday. It was from Security, and it was reporting that someone had found an "air ring" in the women's restroom. ...

(I'm not making that up. ...)

rustyrails

Okay, I'll be good.  But the temtation to take the air ring and run with it is almost overwhelming.    :o 
Rusty

Johnson Bar Jeff

Quote from: rustyrails on May 14, 2009, 03:03:21 PM
Okay, I'll be good.  But the temtation to take the air ring and run with it is almost overwhelming.    :o 
Rusty

I wonder, if you grab the air ring, do you win a prize? They didn't tell us here at work.  :-\

jward

what do you do if the air breaks?
Jeffery S Ward Sr
Pittsburgh, PA