News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

More parts please.

Started by skipgear, May 13, 2009, 01:58:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

skipgear

Are there any plans to expand on the web sites parts listings? The N scale parts page started with 13 items and is down to 9 now so somebody besides me must be buying from it.

I would like to see more tender truck variations, especially 3 axle trucks from the J class tender, and other steam loco parts. Replacement driver sets as offered in the HO section would be nice also.
Tony Hines

Modeling the B&O in Loveland, OH 1947-1950

the Bach-man

Dear Skip,
I'd like to see that too!
Thanks!
the Bach-man

johnTom

No you two are not only ones, I would like to see all locomotive shells added to the parts section on this website.

Tom

A person is never too old to learn,the need for education never stops.
  It stops for those who do not have the mental,physical capability and desire to be educated.
I like U.S. HISTORY, railroad history.etc...

Tom

Santa Fe buff

:o Locomotive shells... That's a good suggestion. I favor that one! Especially undecorated version.

Joshua
- Joshua Bauer

TCWORLD

more trucks/wheelsets. I've broken my H16-44's truck and cant find a replacement. I e-mailed customer support and got no response aswell.
Tom

-~The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time~-

Santa Fe buff

That's another good suggestion as well.

EDIT: I think we're being watched. Atlas just released HO-N bodies! :o

Joshua
- Joshua Bauer

airferber

I would like to see replacement knuckle couplers for the n scale amfleets because the ones i have contain rapido couplers.

James Hail

I looked at the parts pages and Laughed.....

Until you can buy parts from the exploded views of ALL the motive power...what good is it?

Can't order a belt or worm shaft bushings(that are made out of the wrong material...they should be oillite bushings!!!) for a Connie,,,,Or Motor for a K4.....Gear for a Speeder (to replace the eccentric/BAD factory part).ect ect......

For the most part you cannot just click and order what your loco needs....

I would rather fix my stuff when it fails then send it in....

Yea parts support would be great....if we could click and order off the blow-up parts numbers....

Jim

Currently landscaping and ballasting a 4x10 HO.....using a NCE DCC PowerCab and Having a Blast.[move]

railtwister

There are only a couple of model RR companies that support their products and their customers by providing really good parts service. Of these, probably the best is Atlas, who has always provided parts in all their lines. Sure, sometimes they are out of stock or items are discontinued, this is to be expected, but overall, Atlas parts service is probably the best in the industry, and the people there seem to genuinely WANT to help solve the customer's problem. The other company that is good for parts service is Micro-Trains (or Kadee for HO & larger scales), and they are just a small step below Atlas in service quality (mostly because some of their parts are harder to get due to more limited runs). Bachmann's service is pretty much limited to replacement of the item, and since they have changed from their lifetime warranty to their newer warranty policy, the cost of exercising the warranty seems to have gone up. I agree, I also would prefer a complete parts service with parts priced reasonably, over  a warranty that basically sells you a replacement item for cost plus the return of the original item. But, I guess this is no better than wishing they would make gears that won't split in the first place...

Bill