News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Mantua 2-6-6-2

Started by jerryl, May 15, 2009, 12:34:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jerryl

Iv'e seen the 2-6-6-2 in hobby shops but the adds all say they are backordered.  Are they being updated again?   I know LifeLike bought the tooling & are bringing them back cheaper & better.   The 2-6-6-2  came out about 2 years ago with a revolutionary Drawbar/ elec. connector. 
  Are the newer ones going to have further updates?    Jerry ???

Tim

Jerry

The Mantua 2-6-6-2's are made by Model Power.

They are sold under the "Mantua Classics" name.

They are currently available from several dealers as well
as direct from Model Power.

Tim Anders
Souderton, PA

rustyrails

this is a design that goes back to when I was a young man....sheesh!  It has been sold as both a 2-6-6-2T and also with a tender.  If you buy one, consider getting a brass repalcement for the stack...as designed the stack is a tad too long and it makes the proportions look just not quite right.  Of course, beauty is in the eye of the beholder, so this is just my two cents worth.
Rusty

jerryl

Quote from: Tim on May 15, 2009, 12:43:48 PM
Jerry

The Mantua 2-6-6-2's are made by Model Power.

They are sold under the "Mantua Classics" name.

They are currently available from several dealers as well
as direct from Model Power.

Tim Anders  Sorry about that, I meant Model Power
Souderton, PA

Michigan Railfan

I'm not completely sure, but whats the difference between the 2-6-6-2T and the normal 2-6-6-2?

Pacific Northern

The 2-6-6-2T is a tank engine. No tender. The 2-6-6-2 has a tender.
Pacific Northern

grumpy

I have one of each . Very nice machines and fairly easy to convert to dcc.
Don

Yampa Bob

I know what I wrote, I don't need a quote
Rule Number One: It's Our Railroad.  Rule Number Two: Refer to Rule Number One.

OkieRick

Invacare 2-2-2 TDX5 Tilt Recline & Elevate - 24v - ALS Head Control
God Bless Jimmie Rogers the Singing Brakeman

Michigan Railfan

The one I've been looking at in my Model Railroader magazines was the one in Tims link. So, does anyone know if they can run on 18" curves?

rustyrails

Although the Model Power site has no information re: minimum radius for this engine, there is anecdotal evidence on the web that it can negotiate 18" radius curves.  Please note that while this locomotive is small for an articulated steamer, it is a large piece of machinery and the overhang on tight curves will be significant. 
Rusty

pdlethbridge

Michigan Railfan

Actually, the one, same color and everything in the magazine was the one in pdlethbridges link. And as for overhang, I don't really care about it right now, after all, my "layout" is just a design of E-Z Track on my basement floor. I'm still hoping to eventually get one on a table.

jerryl

Quote from: IndianaJones12 on May 16, 2009, 11:04:31 AM
The one I've been looking at in my Model Railroader magazines was the one in Tims link. So, does anyone know if they can run on 18" curves?
[/ quote]                                                                                               

Micro mark catalog states that the Tank version will do 18"R. I assume the one with the tender will also.   Jerry