News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Richmond 4-4-0 with sound.

Started by TailUK, May 17, 2009, 03:41:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TailUK

My new Richmond 4-4-0 (with sound) arrived yesterday. I haven't had a chance to run it yet as my controller is at work but it looks fabulous. Plough and regular pilot, alternate wood, coal and oil for the tender. Even a small packet of coal dust.  If it runs as good as it looks I'll be one happy bunny.
  I was surprised to find no paperwork with it though. No warranty card, no warning not to chew the engine (they can take all the fun out of life can't they...) not even a exploded diagram.
Has anyone else bought this loco? I'd like to know what should be in the box.

Many thanks

sparkyjay31

Take another look inside the box.  My Spectrum 2-8-0 has a "false" back.  It actually hides all the documents there.  Take everything out of the box and check for a finger tab to remove the false back.  All your paperwork and cd should be there!
Southern New Hampshire around 1920 in HO
NCE Power Cab DCC
Long live B&M steam!

CNE Runner

Hi TailUK, I presently own two Richmond 4-4-0s (both DCC, one silent for the moment). I cannot praise these little locomotives highly enough. They are good pullers (for such a light engine) and seem very reliable...did I mention good looking as well? Sparkyjay31 is correct: remove the foam insert in the original packing box and you should find some literature. Another source is on the left margin of this website. Check "Product Reference" and scroll down until you find Richmond 4-4-0. There you will find a product diagram. CV values are found at one of the other selections.

Good luck with your purchase. I only wish there was an easy way to back date the locomotive to the late 1800s.

Ray
"Keeping my hand on the throttle...and my eyes on the rail"

ta152h0

I have one and just had to have the wood burner tender option. kinda dates it back to the pre coal days but what the heck, it is mine.  Runs good too. But I think mine is going to require a z-scale sound decoder ( or an n-scale decpder mounted in a car behind the tender with only the wires for lights and speaker going thru the tender )  Or even some wires going to the guy walking ahead of the locomotive with a lantern ?

richG

If you are ambitious, here are some suggestions for back dating.

http://www.1905railroadmodeling.com/4-4-0_merge/

Rich

richG

Quote from: ta152h0 on May 17, 2009, 02:48:16 PM
I have one and just had to have the wood burner tender option. kinda dates it back to the pre coal days but what the heck, it is mine.  Runs good too. But I think mine is going to require a z-scale sound decoder ( or an n-scale decpder mounted in a car behind the tender with only the wires for lights and speaker going thru the tender )  Or even some wires going to the guy walking ahead of the locomotive with a lantern ?

Since my 4-4-0 was ready for a speaker, I installed a 1.1 inch OD speaker and a SoundTraxx Micro-Tsunami decoder I purchased from Litchfield Stattion.  Works very well.

Rich

TailUK

OK! So now I feel like a complete Doofus!  Sure enough, cunningly concealed in the bottom of the box are all the instructions, Doh!
Many thanks, at least I didn't e-mail Bachmann asking for the paperwork.
A lot of the guys at work think I'm nuts but it's amazing how many will want to sound that "ole lonesome whistle", thanks again guys.

RAM

Don't feel bad, if you don't make a fool out of yourself every now an than, you just not living.