Looking for a trading post in this wilderness

Started by bob39520, May 18, 2009, 09:35:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pdlethbridge

Henweigh, SAD, SAD :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(
Would anyone be interested in a 2 gallon container of prop wash?

Stephen D. Richards

I'll trade ya for a full spool of flightline!   ;D    Stephen

Rangerover

Well here's an idea, where I live there is absolutely no hobby or train stores except about 120 miles round trip. I have bought and sold on eBay and well we all know what that's like. I wonder why or if it's possible that a forum like this wouldn't have a pinned thread for model train only for sale or trade and only for members of the Bachmann Train sight. After all most seem to get along and are quite honest I believe on this sight.

Well it's just a thought, I visited the Yahoo site, but they don't exactly give a price for what the members have for sale, unless I wanted something real bad, I won't deal with complete strangers, I'd rather go to a reputable store or web dealer, such as Litchfield, Tony's, Factory Direct, etc.

At least at eBay if the seller is a scam artist, you still have recourse through either eBay, or pay pal or if you pay with a credit card and you are somewhat protected.

Hello Stephen Richards.........

Stephen D. Richards

Hey Jim.  Guess I get to come home finally this weekend.  Of course have to start work ASAP!  lol  See ya when I get there.   Stephen

OkieRick

PD,
I need to start playing nice. I struck a nerve and was taken to task by a fellow here.  Just a technical question first.

Is that industrial strength US Government approved prop wash?  Can't be too carefull these days.

Rick
Invacare 2-2-2 TDX5 Tilt Recline & Elevate - 24v - ALS Head Control
God Bless Jimmie Rogers the Singing Brakeman

OkieRick

Quote from: Rangerover on May 21, 2009, 10:20:01 AM
Well here's an idea, where I live there is absolutely no hobby or train stores except about 120 miles round trip. I have bought and sold on eBay and well we all know what that's like. I wonder why or if it's possible that a forum like this wouldn't have a pinned thread for model train only for sale or trade and only for members of the Bachmann Train sight. After all most seem to get along and are quite honest I believe on this sight.

That is dandy idea and I'd like to see it happen also.  I doubt Bachmann will see fit to host a write only area which may or may not be in direct competition of their new sales.  I like the idea though.

Rick
Invacare 2-2-2 TDX5 Tilt Recline & Elevate - 24v - ALS Head Control
God Bless Jimmie Rogers the Singing Brakeman

the Bach-man

Dear All,
There are many auction and want-ad sites, but this won't be one of them.
Sorry!
the Bach-man

Yampa Bob

Yep, most trading posts are a can of worms, usually people wanting to get rid of their junk stuff.

I have lots of new things I don't need (buyer's remorse), but I'll just keep them in the boxes. They will never go down in value so I really have nothing to lose.

Caboose Hobbies will take new locos on consignment, but I think it is limited to more expensive brass or exceptional popular plastic.
I know what I wrote, I don't need a quote
Rule Number One: It's Our Railroad.  Rule Number Two: Refer to Rule Number One.