Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Pilot truck axles cracked

Started by on30gn15, May 20, 2009, 10:58:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

on30gn15

Hey Y'all;

Went and paid for my V&T "Silverado" set today - nice train  ;D

Pretty well fills apartment's living room floor, eh! Cat's not sure about this big noisy thing yet.  Green is a vinyl, flannelbacked tablecloth in a 'grass' pattern from football season stuff Wal Mart in fall. Bought it from clearance aisle. Track assembled less one straight each side. ;D

But, leading axle on pilot truck had had the middle plastic part of the axle crack where wheels insert and axle and wheels were floating loose in box  :-\
Put it together and decided to take it home anyway.
Inspection at home showed both ends of plastic axle cracked where wheels insert and same for rear axle on pilot truck.  :-\

Now what ?

Really do not want to return whole train set or even just the loco - it's mine now.

I'm thinking just add some glue - there are several that would work.
OR -->
To see if replacement plastic axle parts are available from Bachmann and I'll just replace the parts myself here?
That's what I'd prefer.
When all esle fials, go run trains
Screw the Rivets, I'm building for Atmosphere!
later, Forrest

the Bach-man

Dear KATY,
Give the service department a call- They'll work it out with you.
Have fun!
the Bach-man

Barry BBT

Having worked on more than a few BH over the years, I can tell you almost all of those tubes are cracked.  There is a tube by plastruct which will replace the tube better than Bachman service can supply (I have a few).

But the best answer, is to pull one axle apart, put CA on the exposed axle stub and push it home.  Do that until all four axle tubes are glued in place.

Have fun.

Barry BBT
There are no dumb questions.

on30gn15

When all esle fials, go run trains
Screw the Rivets, I'm building for Atmosphere!
later, Forrest