News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

outside? YES!

Started by jettrainfan, May 19, 2009, 06:42:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rallygsc

Hi Everyone  ;D

I remember reading a while back where a guy near monticello Indiana had an O scale, HO scale and G scale layout in his backyard,

the O scale and HO scale parts used brass track mounted on boards that were elevated, and the G scale part ran on the ground.

it sounds like fun, but here's an idea for the 4th

take a cheapo train set and do an Adams Family explosion to it :)

I remember doing that when I was a kid, oh the smell of tyco buring in the morning, LOL

jettrainfan

Quote from: rallygsc on May 21, 2009, 10:36:35 PM
Hi Everyone  ;D

I remember reading a while back where a guy near monticello Indiana had an O scale, HO scale and G scale layout in his backyard,

the O scale and HO scale parts used brass track mounted on boards that were elevated, and the G scale part ran on the ground.

I remember doing that when I was a kid, oh the smell of tyco buring in the morning, LOL

You exploded it? ??? Why? I really don't get it about destroying trains like that, i could of read that they were suppose to run not be track bombed :(.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ZL7jR1cRb4             

This is how i got my name and i hope that you guys like it.

http://www.youtube.com/user/jettrainfan?feature=mhw4
youtube account

jbsmith

Quote from: rallygsc on May 21, 2009, 10:36:35 PM
Hi Everyone  ;D

Cool! I'm not the only pyro around here! ;D
Yeah i used to blow up old beat up broken plastic models too,,hey the models were already pretty much junk, we were kids!
Black Cat firecrackers,,ah the memories!

Back to outdoor RR Stuff.
No never done it but it sounds fun to give a try!
A nature center near me,,Fernwood is building a G scale road on their grounds i have heard, just might check it out this weekend.

Terry Toenges

I used to buy small ship models just to blow them up. Empty firecrackers into the hull before I glued the deck on then stick a fuse into some part of the superstructure. Sometimes they blew... Sometimes they just burned. :o
Feel like a Mogul.