Question about the BACHMANN EZ COMMAND DYNAMIS WIRELESS CONTROLLER 36505

Started by Robertj668, May 23, 2009, 09:00:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Robertj668

Hi everyone
I have made the decision to upgrade my Controller system and am interested in the Dynamis Wireless Controller 36505 system.  I searched for past articles on it and it was very helpful . But what I am looking for is the people who have it or know about it, what do they think of it.  I have read over the information and it seems what I am looking for.
I am looking at other manufactures as well.  But I am partial to Bachmann.
What I am looking for is:
The capability of multiple controllers (One for me and one for my son)
The Capability of programing CV's ( I cannot do that now)
Eventual ability to upgrade to use a PC to run the trains.
Programing Train routes ( I do not think This system can do that though ???)

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Robert

OkieRick

Robertj668 sez:
The capability of multiple controllers (One for me and one for my son)
The Capability of programing CV's ( I cannot do that now)
Eventual ability to upgrade to use a PC to run the trains.

I'm guilty, I own one. I haven't used it enough to make use of all it's features but it's wireless.  Some say it's line-of-sight. Noop, it is IR.  Takes about 30-40 seconds for a train that has lost contact wit it's controller to stop.

There are possibly 2 flavors - Dynamis and Dynamis Pro."

* Not yet released - rumored released - advertised available in May 2009.

It is advertised to be able to use 4 wireless controllers at once but don't know if that feature is available yet. (available in the Pro set? I haven't heard.  The Pro is rumored to be in the hands of some) 

It has a computer port on the base but it is not active.

You can program CVs - I haven't but it will.

You can controll axilary items - turnout switches, road crossings, etc if it has a DCC address.

PC connectivity is a future feature or option - maybe Pro.  Not available now.

Walthers says Not In Stock - Expected and taking Advance Reservations for it.  http://www.walthers.com/exec/productinfo/160-36508

The OFFICIAL website is DynamisDCC --
http://dynamisdcc.com/products1.php?lang=en# says the Pro is available now. 

Store sites say available May 2009.
http://www.ontracks.co.uk/index.php?page=product&prodID=68524

FWIW, If I had the $$$ to spend all over again I'd probably buy NCE - my most local hobby store guy & MRR club boss / host says NCE controllers don't have an excessive deep menu system to navigate to control the whole layout. (commands aren't buried under multiple button pushes.)

That my two cent opinion.  Take in mind I am searching for simplicity in DCC control as I'm the paralyzed guy using a mouthstick. I get to punch one button or flip one switch at a time.

I have the Dynamis DCC system instructions in pdf if you'd like them.  Drop me a line if so - the icon up by my moniker below my Steam Loco icon.

Rick

Invacare 2-2-2 TDX5 Tilt Recline & Elevate - 24v - ALS Head Control
God Bless Jimmie Rogers the Singing Brakeman

Robertj668

OkieRick

Robertl668-

Bach-man has answered one question re: Dynamis Control System about how to control turnouts.  It's a left-throw of the throttle stick.

Check out http://dynamisdcc.com/products1.php?lang=en# and read the FAQ.

Rick

Robertj668

Rick
Thanks again
We started with a 4x8 layout then went to a 8x8 and I am now making the final layout that takes the 8x8 layout and splits them and making it a horse shoe style. This was my original plan but the wife said no.  But little by little she allowed my son and i to make it larger.  Now we can have a train yard, Mountains and all sorts of fun stuff.

So of course we need a more advanced system for all the trains, switches and stuff.

OkieRick

Robert,

I know how you might have to wear your wife down little or let her think it was her idea all along.  My dear mama made life on me so hard I gave up on my beginning 4x8 flat double oval track, I cleaned off & put all those "toy trains" in their boxes and buildings on a shelf and leaned the 4x8 up against a wall...for a couple weeks.  All she wanted to do was vaccum under it. :o

Hope you two budding tycoons have a ball building your empire.  Mine is coming along slowly but surely.  I haven't told the family this 4x8 is only 1/3rd of a three part sectional layout.  I'll catch mama in a real good mood.

life can be tough on us 56 year old kids...

Okie Rick

pdlethbridge

and 62 yr old kids. My wife made a negative comment a while back about if I was bring home more wood.

OkieRick

PD said:

"and 62 yr old kids. My wife made a negative comment a while back about if I was bring home more wood."

I'm sure your reply was something similar to, "No ma'am, this is right-of-way!"  :D  :o

Rick