News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

good news

Started by RAM, May 26, 2009, 10:43:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RAM

Santa Fe 3415 back in steam after 54 years. Here are a few shots.

http://photobucket.com/TTownTrains_ASV

If all goes as planned, the 3415 will only be steamed up on holiday weekends
the rest of this year...4th of July and Labor Day.

Pacific Northern

Sure looks great, the drive wheels did surprise me though.
Pacific Northern

mudzuks

THat loco looks like a sister of the Southern Pacific 1765 they have parked at the little museum in Lomita california the drivers on SP 1765 are around  5 feet tall.

Jeff

mudzuks

oops after looking at photos of both more like a distant cousin. still big drivers though.

OkieRick

RAM,

Where is this going to happen?

Rick
Invacare 2-2-2 TDX5 Tilt Recline & Elevate - 24v - ALS Head Control
God Bless Jimmie Rogers the Singing Brakeman

RAM

It will run from Abilene to Enterpise Kansas.  five or six miles.  Part of the old Rock Island line.  The drivers are 79 inches.  They were good passsenger locomotives.  I got to see a lot of them and rode behind many of them. 

adari

The more the merrier

OkieRick

Ok...RAM, I'm not trying to hijack your thread but I have a MRR question.

When you get that brand new beautiful ALL black $200 Steam Loco you've been saving for and see the only contrasting color on it might be the numbers and bell, when is it ok to paint some whitewalls on the drivers or on all wheels for that matter?

I know, you research it & see if "they did that on that line back then."

Will I get laughed out of the service yard or fired if, as a driver, i paint my wheels?

Thanks RAM

Rick
Invacare 2-2-2 TDX5 Tilt Recline & Elevate - 24v - ALS Head Control
God Bless Jimmie Rogers the Singing Brakeman

RAM

Rick if it is your railroad, than you do what ever you want t0.  Most railroads  had a set chart for painting,  The Santa fe for the most part painted the steam locomotive black with gray smoke box fraont  while the shops in Texas painted the smoke box silver.

Santa Fe buff

All right, there we go! *claps* That's what Joshy was wanting!

That's good news alright! :)

Joshua
- Joshua Bauer

uncbob

Nice pics

Thanks
Great looking steamer

pdlethbridge

I heard some good news the other day from Scanton, Pa. It seems that one of their steamers has to go in the shops for a FRA mandated work period. What's good about that? Well, there will be a big push to get B&M 3713 Pacific running. It will be brought back in service before the other engine finishes its FRA inspection.
    Another interesting item concerns the East Broad Top. It will be run by a non-profit for the next 3 years that is headed by the same guy that runs the Altoona museum. They want to get the tracks repaired back to Mt. Union and get a second loco back steaming, probably # 14           
   Go here and look down the column of flimsies
http://www.rypn.org/

FECfan

I believe the engine going in for the FRA inspection in the Canadian Pacific 2317.