STORE
"ASK THE BACH MAN"
FORUM
PARTS, SERVICE,
& INFORMATION
CATALOGS AND
BROCHURES

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 02, 2020, 02:48:17 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<
+  Bachmann Message Board
|-+  Discussion Boards
| |-+  Large
| | |-+  After sales policy in Britain. Minor gripe.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: After sales policy in Britain. Minor gripe.  (Read 1954 times)
JohnAH

View Profile
« on: May 09, 2009, 05:13:06 AM »

Hello.
I am the owner of several Consolidations and very pleased I am with them too. I bought them in the knowledge that they have their niggles, qualitywise. To date, the only problem I have had with them is the leading bogie....er...truck bolster breaking on the tender. THis is pitifully weak mechanically. Anyway, one failed and I wrote to Bachmann(UK) using the online form. A few days later a replacement appeared FOC, excellent.. Now a few months later, one has failed on another machine. So I wrote off again. Three times. Nothing.

Bach-mann, is it possible for you to help me? I have a locomotive in the dead pool for the sake of a part costing less than a Dollar. Ive tried super gluing it together but the plastic just crumbles.

Thanks anyway.
the Bach-man
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2009, 11:01:26 PM »

Dear John,
I have no contact with Bachmann UK.  Try the phone number on their website.
Good luck!
the Bach-man
David Fletcher

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2009, 09:17:14 AM »

Pry off the spring detail at the end of the bolster, unscrew the useles screw out of the end of the bolster, drill a new hole right through to the plastic in the main central frame of the truck and insert a new longer screw, about 1/3" long, reaching beyond where the truck frame broke off.  Place the spring detail back on the end of the bolster and you're done - truck fixed.  Repaired many this way.

Fletch.
JohnAH

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2009, 04:46:01 PM »

Just a quick word. Phoned Bachmann and the part arrived the other day. Fitted and all OK.

THANKS Grin

Daft question number one. Will the replacement part fail? i.e. is the failure part of a bad batch with for example, damp in the plastic.....OR is it a design fault and should I take the kindly given advice above? Sorry if this is old ground but I ve had a look around and found nothing.....
mudzuks

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2009, 10:06:40 PM »

I would do the recommended repair with the longer screw and install the new part and be done with it, bad replacement or not it should be a good strong retrofit fix.

Just my 2 cents
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: