News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

WBB layout at York.

Started by MB425, May 26, 2009, 09:16:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MB425

New here and I attended my first "York Meet" last month and really enjoyed the WBB booth. I also really enjoyed the layout they had on display there and I'm wondering if any of the Bachmann folks can give me some specs on it. I'd LOVE to see some pictures of it (I'm well aware of the no photo rule at York) and if anyone can point me to where I may be able to find some they will get a gold star in my book.

I'd also like to thank the WBB guys at the booth for not getting POed at me for taking engines off the shelf and handling them for closer inspection as well. I went to York in search of a Williams GP9 and with it being my first Williams product, I wanted to see what I was getting and have it in my hands before cracking open the wallet. After coming back to the booth a few times (and driving my friend who was with me nuts) and looking at it (as well as picking it up a few times), I finally broke down and purchased one from Marty at Ma & Pa. I'm very happy with it and I plan on picking up another engine from him within the next two weeks.

Thank you for your help and thank you WBB for providing us with some great products.

the Bach-man

Dear MB,
I'll try to post a few pictures of the layout in the Gallery. It's about 12' by 7' with two lower ovals and one upper.
As with all the displays I've built, it's basically foam in a wood tray.
Thanks for your interest!
the Bach-man

3rail

Dear MB,

Yes we are aware of the photo rule too!  Here are some shots from the final construction phase and the finished product at the TTOS convention in Sacramento last year.  The Bach-Man may have some additional construction photos.

Regards,

3rail

MB425

Bach-man and 3rail,

Thank you both for the replies. The pictures have been saved on my computer for reference when I re-do my layout.

Thank you again! 

Casey_Jones

VERY nice guys.  Thanks for posting the pics!

3rail

You are both welcome.  By the way the dimensions are a little smaller than the Bach-Man stated. It is actually closer to 10' x 7'.  There is a lot going on in a little space.

Regards,

3rail

DominicMazoch

Looks like one of the Big L display layout of the 1950's!  great!