News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

large scale 2-8-0 Spectrum Consoildation

Started by Grandpa WOOWOO, June 02, 2009, 08:17:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grandpa WOOWOO

My locomotive was purchased in 2002 and was immediately sent out to have a Phoenix sound system installed. It was also immediately converted to battery power and uses a Locolinc KT-2 hand held remote controller to run it.  Recently I placed the locomotive on my railroad to check clearances on some new buildings. It would not move. The sound system works just fine if you push the locomotive manually. The lights work just fine. When I apply power I can just hear a slow clicking sound that increases as I apply more power. I opened up the protective cover that cover the gear on the Axel and found it was not engaging with the small spur gear behind it. This is a floating Axel and when I pushed it to simulate being on track I still got the clicking sound. I already have assumed that the reduction gear assembly must be damaged in some way. QUESTION???? Does anyone have disassembly instructions for getting to this motor and reduction gear assembly. I looked at the blow up drawing of the parts that came with the locomotive but this does not suggest how to disassemble the unit. Would Bachmann's excellent repair department be allowed to service a locomotive that has been professionally altered with after market equipment? If Backmann is not permitted to work on a altered locomotive does any one know of a service company I could use to repair it? I have had 8-trouble free years of running it and hope I can save this beautiful model. Thanks in advance for your suggestions and any help!

Barry BBT

Mr. WOOWOO,

Shortly, I will be shipping replacement drives and motors for the Bachmann Consolidation (Connie).  If you would like to be considered in the initial offering, please send me an email: barrysbigtrains@earthlink.net.  I will add you to my list and keep you advised of my progress.

Currently, I am working on the installation instructions for the chassis.  TOC is writing the mods necessary for the bottom of the boiler and the firebox.  TOC has been running the first handbuilt for a year.

TOC also wrote the disassembly instructions for the Connie and I believe theyt are somewhere here on this website.

Barry - BBT
There are no dumb questions.

Loco Bill

Loco Bill,
Roundhouse Foreman
Missouri Western Railway

Unnofficial Historian of Bachmann Large Scale Products