News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Thanks Bachmann Service

Started by FBGardens, June 03, 2009, 09:13:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FBGardens

Several months ago I purchased a pair of Bachman 4-6-0s listed on eBay.  The seller identified himself as acting for an estate and stated clearly that he did not know anything about trains but believed the equipment to be in good working order.  The listings included photographs of both locomotives.  I won both items and about ten days later they arrived.  I was startled to find that one of the locomotives was completely missing the front trucks.  It was a "0-6-0."  I then looked more closely at the photo and discovered that this "feature" was clearly disclosed in the photo.  I called Bachmann service and explained what had happened, that these were used locomotives intended for use on the installation which the Mendocino Cost Model Railroad and Historical Society is placing in the Fort Bragg Botanical Gardens.

The Bachmann representative instructed me to return the locomotive saying that they could fix it.  I did so with a letter that again emphasized that this was a "non-warranty" request for assistance for which we expected to be charged.  It took nearly ten weeks but the locomotive was returned to us "as new" with no charge.  I would call that more than generous and a clear demonstration of Bachmann's support for our hobby.

Udo

Hey !

That's really a good an generous service !

But that's inside the US......

What about other parts of the world ????

Udo

ROBOCOP2160

Wow, that is pretty amazing...

Very impressed by that service.  I'm in Australia so I wouldn't expect the same unless I paid for international postage to and from USA..

But nice to know anyway...

We (the kids and I...) ...(well mainly me..) are really looking forward to the G scale Thomas line.

I have EVERY one of the HO Bachmann Thomas line, all converted to DCC and the kids love them..

Cheers

grayfitz

Yes WE here in Australia seem to not rate highly on Bachmanns books, I have after 2 years of waiting for a motor for a warranty Dueseldorf tram,have given up,five letters with no response,   GRAHAM....