Dynamis System Pairing Problem With Offgrid Inverter

Started by mikepol, June 08, 2009, 07:25:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikepol

I am an installer of off grid solar power systems. One of my clients uses the EZ Command Dynamis IR control system and is having problems trying to pair up the hand held unit with the base station.
The problem appears where he runs the base station from the main supplied from the DC/AC power inverter. The inverter in question is an Outback FX. This is a good quality US built inverter producing a close to pure sine wave.
When running off this source of AC power, the system usually cannot pair up. However, if he takes a feed off his petrol generator he has no problem.
Does anyone at there have any experiences with running their systems from DC/AC inverters?
Many thanks.

OkieRick

I have a Dynamis but have never used a converter with it.

Not train related but my first battery backups - Triplite brand - used in a darkroom I used to have required that I invest in line conditioners.  The Triplite put out a "square sine wave" my equipment wouldn't work with them.

Address this topic to "Bach-Man" or contact suppot here or in the UK.

Bachmann Industries, Inc
1400 East Erie Avenue
Philadelphia
PA 19124
USA
Tel: 1-800-356-3910

Bachmann Europe PLC
Moat Way
Barwell
Leicestershire
LE9 8EY
United Kingdom
Tel: + 44 1455 841756

There are a few electronic gurus here - perhaps they can assist.

Luck,
Rick
Invacare 2-2-2 TDX5 Tilt Recline & Elevate - 24v - ALS Head Control
God Bless Jimmie Rogers the Singing Brakeman

daveb

Mike,
I have just tried my Dynamis on my inverter which I use to run lights, PC and a home theater system during power failures. It is a 24vdc unit giving a 220vac 2000W output and is probably of Chinese origin.
No problems are experienced with operating the Dynamis off this supply so it would appear that your problem lies somewhere else or that particular Dynamis is faulty.
Seeing as the Dynamis uses a switchmode power supply I would not have thought it would be over sensitive to the input waveform.

Dave

Yampa Bob

Mike,
I have used only Xantrex/Trace SW series for my solar electric designs and installations, never had a problem with any sensitive electronic equipment.

Suggest you contact Outback technical support and/or Bachmann customer service for assistance.

Regards.
I know what I wrote, I don't need a quote
Rule Number One: It's Our Railroad.  Rule Number Two: Refer to Rule Number One.