News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

4-6-0 on the water?

Started by JohnR, June 10, 2009, 02:18:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JohnR

Mr Bachman -

There is a rumor that the 4-6-0's are on the water and headed to the US.  Could this be true??  Is the long anticipated arrival of the 4-6-0 near at hand??

If true, when might we see production photos and packaging details?

-John

C.S.R.R. Manager

The rumor I read came from a most reliable source, so I'm inclined to believe it.  I would like to get an order in for the new 4-6-0, but I would really like to see the final paint schemes first, along with which cabs and domes go with which paint scheme.  The sooner we can get photos, the better.  Could be an extra festive July 4th here in the states...

Manager

the Bach-man

Dear All,
They are indeed on the water, and I'll post here when they arrive.
Have fun!
the Bach-man

HarryHotspur

Does the ship pass anywhere near Somalia?

mmiller

great news!

when will we see pictures of the various version and paint schemes?
mike miller
San Juan Pacific Lines
On31.17 California 3' narrow gauge

dstenger

I've heard rumors that recordings have been made of Tweetsie #12 and that you will announce the ten wheelers with sound in the fall. Are the ten wheelers going to be released with sound? If so, can we purchase the sound system separately for the non-sound ten wheelers?

Is ten wheeler #11 being produced?

Thanks.

Dan Stenger
dmstenger@insightbb.com

ebtnut

My intelligence source indicates that the locos will hit our shore the middle of next month.  We might see production samples at Hartford. 

C.S.R.R. Manager

I still think a plug-n-play sound system, sold as a separate item, would be ideal.  The loco would have to be 100% sound ready, but it seems that Bachmann has been heading in that direction already.  For customers like me, it's easier to get 2 smaller purchases past the "budget committee" [i.e., wife].

In regard to pirates, I had this odd mental image of a bunch of train guys with eye patches and swords, and maybe a stuffed parrot or two, climbing over the railing of this big container ship as it's docked in Hawaii, and looking for the Bachmann container.  Argh!

Manager

Lemurien

JohnR

Mr Bachman -

The photos on the site in Japan look fantastic.  When will you have packaging details (especially for the unlettered versions)?  I'd like to know if these are shipping with alternative stacks, fuel loads, etc as other locos in the line have been.

Thanks

-John

renniks

I noticed that the Black Wood Cab version has fluted domes.

Eric UK

C.S.R.R. Manager

They also don't show #28698, but it's basically the Greenbriar without the lettering, from what I can tell.  With just one wood cab / fluted domes in the lot, it sure would be helpful to have those sold as separate items.

The anticipation just kicked into high gear. 

Manager

max (uk)

Great, after deciding that it was too big for my layout and too many pennys, these pictures have made me re-concider.  :-\ :P

Frisco

Whow those look good! Well, here goes $200 :P.

mmiller

and are there really two different versions of the steel cab?

the Greenbrier and the painted unlettered steel cab are different...I'm getting more confused every time new info comes out  :-\
mike miller
San Juan Pacific Lines
On31.17 California 3' narrow gauge