News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

How do I post my album?

Started by jonathan, June 11, 2009, 01:36:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jonathan

As you can see from my last post on 'renumbering', I now have a 'photobucket' account.  How do I post the URL for the whole album?  I intend to use this account for nothing but layout photos.  Is there a way to put the album on my profile so anyone can look if they want to?  Seems more efficient, and I won't annoy those who aren't interested.  I suspect I need to copy and paste a URL from photobucket, just not sure how to do it.

I believe I've reached a half-way point on my layout.  I want to take a break from building and document my progress so far.  I'm hoping this will also give me some new scenic ideas for my layout.

My sincere apologies for posting so much lately.  I'm on a big learning curve at the moment. 

Respectfully,

Jonathan

Yampa Bob

One suggestion is to place a link to your album in your "signature line" at the bottom.  Maybe a brief note such as   Visit My Album   followed by the link. Then others can visit at their convenience. Notice how other members use the signature line for links.

To make the link look better you shouldn't have any spaces, or you will see a bunch of "%20" in the link. The link will look something like this:

http://sxxx.photobucket.com/albums/hhXXX/Jonathan/

Your unique account numbers will replace the "XXX", the above is just a sample. You add or edit the signature line in your profile options.

Don't apologize for your postings. Post all you like, and keep that learning curve going.   8) 
I know what I wrote, I don't need a quote
Rule Number One: It's Our Railroad.  Rule Number Two: Refer to Rule Number One.

OkieRick

Jonathan mumbled:

My sincere apologies for posting so much lately.  I'm on a big learning curve at the moment.

Nonsense, you haven't posted too much at all.  I live vicariously through the posts of all the good folks here.   ;D  :D  Seriously, if it wasn't for this forum and an occasional look at another one or two, reading the obituaries and Family Circus in the newspaper, reading Jim's posts 'till I understand what he's writing (Canadian was always a hard language for me to translate into English) and laughing at Bob and PD picking at each other I'd have to open a book or something!  Keep talking.

OkieRick
Invacare 2-2-2 TDX5 Tilt Recline & Elevate - 24v - ALS Head Control
God Bless Jimmie Rogers the Singing Brakeman

Yampa Bob

Me? Pick on PD?  Never, he's a pretty cool character. 

Hey Paul, here's your buddy.
http://users.telenet.be/leukelinks/flash/bug.htm

:D  :D  :D  8)

pdlethbridge

Bob is pretty cool too. In fact he can whip me with one eye tied behind his back. ;D

jonathan

Very well,  I'll keep yacking it up.  Thanks.  BTW My dad is from Saskatchawan (sp), so I can understand Canadian, just can't speak it very well, hey.  He brought me south, to Minnesota, where it's much warmer... and the english is much better... oofdah, doncha know.
R, J

jonathan

My signature line now shows where I keep layout photos.  I really shrunk the photos down, so those of you with dial-up should be able to view them.  Now if I could only take decent pictures.  Will eventually get them in some kind of order so you start at one end of the layout and finish at another.

Now if you'll excuse me, I've got to get back to scenery.  Will work on photography and PC skills much, much later.

Regards,

Jonathan

rogertra

Quote from: jonathan on June 13, 2009, 06:18:08 AM
My signature line now shows where I keep layout photos. 
Regards,

Jonathan

No sig line Jonathan.

jonathan

I can see it.  have you refreshed lately?  Any one else can't see it?

OkieRick

This?

Visit my album at http://s642.photobucket.com/albums/uu146/jsnvogel/ photos resized to be dial up friendly.

Yep, I see it.

Rick

Invacare 2-2-2 TDX5 Tilt Recline & Elevate - 24v - ALS Head Control
God Bless Jimmie Rogers the Singing Brakeman

Yampa Bob

Jonathan,
I see it just fine. If you want, you could remove the "photos resized to be dialup friendly", saving some space in your posts.

It's called a "signature line", (or area) but it can be used for whatever you want. I use it to display my two "Rules".