Anyone Ever Install A Mylocosound Card 2-6-0?

Started by glenn007, June 11, 2009, 06:10:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

glenn007

Anyone ever install a mylocosound card in a 2-6-0 looking for pointers.

Glenn

Paul W.

Glenn,
Sorry I can't help with the sound install, but are you talking about a 2-6-0 or the 4-6-0? In your other post, you were referring to the anniversary loco, that one is a 4-6-0. If so, maybe that could help you find some info from someone who has done one of these.

Good luck  ;D

Happy Steamin'

Paul

Andrew Simpson

Hi Glenn, Andrew calling from Nowra in Australia. I installed mylocosound in 4-6-0. It works great. Unfortunately power pick up through the wheels from the track became so bad I converted it to a logging loco using different wheels. I now have this sound unit installed in a Stainz and it is still great. This unit is so small it sits comfartably on the cabin floor of the Stainz. It certainly sounds better than the basic "sandpaper on a stick" that is in my other Stainz.
I actually had to turn the volume down as it became annoying after a while. The whistle is activated from a reed switch and magnet on track. For the price it is a great unit. Very easy to install. I am also considering buying another one, as you can alter the start of the chuff from when the loco starts to move and the chuff rate, also alter the whistle pitch so a few mylocosound sound units on the layout and they will all sound slightly different. I use a 9 volt battery which gives the steam hiss when stationary.
Regards from Andrew