News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

bachmann spectrum 8-40CW

Started by datsunstz, June 16, 2009, 10:13:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

datsunstz

I have 3 bachmann spectrum GE dash 8-40CW  off unknown age. GE DASH 8-40CW. SANTA FE WARBONNET #838 ITEM NO 86021.  (2 OFF).   GE DASH 8-40CW. UNION PACIFIC#9381. ITEM NO 86015. (1OFF)     The trucks, side frames, universal Joint sets, need to be replaced on all three. I do not have a parts sheet  or know if parts are still available.  I have (1) BACHMANN PLUS EMD SD45 CONRAIL # 6142 ITEM NO11606. ALSO NEEDS trucks, side frames, univesal Joint set. All 4 locomotives manufactured  pre 1999.

Yampa Bob

Hi Dats,
Mouseover "Product Reference" in left menu, select "diagrams", download PDF diagram files. They may not reflect your models but might help.

Regards.
I know what I wrote, I don't need a quote
Rule Number One: It's Our Railroad.  Rule Number Two: Refer to Rule Number One.

hobo1

dats,I would send the locos and money in for service and or replacement. they are pretty good about that.In your cas they would probably replace the locos. you'll probably drive yourself crazy looking for parts,besides the new ones are nice.Hope this helps-----------hobo

bobwrgt

Dats
If they are the older models with the one piece plastic drive shaft and the truck held in by a singel screw in the top they probably are not worth what you will spend on parts from Bachmann.
You are probably better off looking for replacements on ebay or sending them to Bachmann for replacement..

Bob