BACH MAN - A couple questions for you

Started by OkieRick, June 20, 2009, 07:13:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OkieRick

Good day Bach Man,

I was wandering around the web yesterday and moseyed over across the pond to the official Dynamis site - http://www.dynamisdcc.com - and noticed the availability of three products.  Walthers advertises the Pro box being available on 31 July, 2009.

Can you let us (me) know if it will be available in the US then?  What about a MSRP? Lastly, will there be an upgrade path for those of us who own the currently availabe Dynamis Control System or will we have to pay full price for the Pro?

Dynamis Pro-Box # 36-508[/i]

* Expands Dynamis
* Allows up to four wireless handsets to be used at any one time
* Service programming track output - power switched from main track automatically
* Allows all CVs to be read by Dynamis system
* Full service mode programming of Decoders
* Allows all CVs to programmed by Dynamis system
* Receiver expansion unit allows up to five 36-509 Receivers to be attached to Dynamis system
* ECoslink connection to other devices

and the Dynamis Wireless Receiver # 36-509[/i]

* Use with Dynamis Pro system to extend receiver coverage

and the Dynamis Point Accessory Decoder OPP 4 Points[/i]

Accessory decoder with four outputs to power point motors, signals etc. Each output can be configured to provide a constant or pulse output. Additionally, two of the outputs can be configured to drive a standard RC servo. Can be used with any NMRA complying DCC system.

Thanks-

OkieRick

Invacare 2-2-2 TDX5 Tilt Recline & Elevate - 24v - ALS Head Control
God Bless Jimmie Rogers the Singing Brakeman

Bucksco

Rick,

The new Dynamis components arrived in Philadelphia about a week ago and have been shipping to Bachmann retailers. They are now available.
Check out the featured products on the home page.

The Pro box simply attaches to your current system.

spoorweg

Now a bit more than a month later I still haven't seen any units in stores or online and the Walthers site still shows not in stock but now with an "Unknown" arrival date.  :'(

More importantly, I am very curious as to the technical details of the "PC Interface" that was originally announced to be available with the Pro system when released... and just recently mentioned in the Bachmann advertisement in Model Railroader this month.   It's one of the reasons I bought the Dynamis system... but then the release of the "Pro" box in Europe did not include a real PC interface leading many there (and here) to express frustration and disappointment--questioning their DCC investment.

There's no documentation on this interface anywhere (yet) that I can find. Will the Bach-man be providing further details here or on the website? Is it USB? Something else? Will it allow for remote control or decoder programming and so on with programs like JMRI, or Railroad&Co?  It would be GREAT so that these groups can get going on devleopment/integration and the rest of us can get the most of our investment in this otherwise fine DCC product!!  If it is just EcosLink, that's not exactly a PC interface. Inquiring minds want to know!! 

Thx!

RAM

OkieRick it is good to have you back.  Don't spend too much time on the computer.  We don't want to loss you again.