Misspellng of "Famous" Product Names

Started by rogertra, June 21, 2009, 02:53:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim Banner

Quote from: Yampa Bob on June 21, 2009, 11:29:10 PM
Heck, they named a railroad after me.

There is a railroad called "Bob??"    :D :D

Jim
Growing older is mandatory but growing up is optional.

Yampa Bob

I know what I wrote, I don't need a quote
Rule Number One: It's Our Railroad.  Rule Number Two: Refer to Rule Number One.

Johnson Bar Jeff

Heh. Unless I'm seeing things that aren't there, someone ought to check the spelling in the entry for the 2009 Bachmann catalog that flashes by when I log onto the Web site.

Unless they've changed the name to Bachamnn Trains and I missed the memo. ...

glennk28

The US MArine Corps has a vehicle called an "Amtrac" for "Amphibious Tractor"--an armored personnel carrier.

Also--"Alco" when following usual capitolization rules relative to abbreviations, is sometimes spelled "ALCo"

gj

Stephen D. Richards

Or sometimes referred to as Amphibious Tracked Vehicle!    Stephen

Terry Toenges

Feel like a Mogul.

Guilford Guy

Quote from: Jim Banner on June 21, 2009, 11:56:31 PM

Jim
Boston Outer Belt

Saw a bunch of BOB N scale equipment at a hobby shop awhile ago. Then it all disappeared!
Alex

Jim Banner

Quote from: Guilford Guy on June 23, 2009, 11:31:21 AM
Quote from: Jim Banner on June 21, 2009, 11:56:31 PM

Jim

Boston Outer Belt

Saw a bunch of BOB N scale equipment at a hobby shop awhile ago. Then it all disappeared!

Do you think he has an N scale layout that he is not admitting to??

Jim
Growing older is mandatory but growing up is optional.

Guilford Guy

I believe he does, at his summer house in Mordor, or his mobile home in Narnia.
Alex

mf5117

My question is , did anyone help them with there post .  I do alot of texting back and forth with the guys and gals at work . Hampers me with my grammer and spelling . I got hammered a few times here . For spelling and so forth . They , maybe being new to the hobby may not know . Perhaps might have had coupler problems . And only heard of kadee Couplers . In there right mind they knew what they were doing and knew what they were saying . They might of needed some help .

I still don't know what many of the terms are in railroading . But hey I learned from the layout post . I actually have a point to point in my layout . Wow imagine that . How bout we keep the hobby alive and not be so critical . And correct as we would want to be corrected . That's how i learn and keeps me coming back . At least a train seed is planted in there brain . peace to all

Yampa Bob

I have a "BOBber" caboose, does that count?

We always help with posts first, but sometimes we have to read it several times to understand the question.

I realize "texting" is very popular today, but it has its place. I for one, only having about 20% vision in my remaining "good" eye, find it very difficult to read. I'm just a volunteer here like everyone else, deciphering "code" is beyond my pay scale. 

I have never criticized anyone personally about their grammar or spelling. I think this thread is presented in a positive and constructive tone, as you say "helping those who are new to the hobby".

I made the same "name" spelling errors when I first joined, and I thank those who helped me with the spelling, nomenclature and jargon. If I make a mistake, I expect to be corrected.

mudzuks

Wow, It happens here in the model train world also, I have been into many different activities in my life, paintball, Rock Crawling, RC planes, cars helicopters, all of which brought me in contact with new people, most just enjoy the activities and enjoy sharing ideas and the fun of being in a group of people with the same enthusiasm for the hobby , but with all of them come what I like to call "spoilers" they are the ones that nitpick about the little things, they are the ones that can not just enjoy the Hobby for what it is, these people SUCK to put it bluntly. I have been into trains of all scales for years, I have built many layouts for friends and family but it was a solo hobby for me, I have no friends that enjoy trains as much as I do and so when I noticed this forum I thought it would be a great place to exchange MODEL TRAIN idea's but I see the spoilers are here and are Really really picky about things that do not really matter, Maybe there are functional illiterates that come here but are afraid to post or join in because of the spoilers and this is sad to me, as another poster mentioned, as long as you understand the post who cares if  a word is misspelled.  fortunately I can just stop clicking the Link to here and be done with the spoilers.

To the helpful folks thanks
To the spoilers Go eat a bag of dirt.
I'm out of here
Mud

Yampa Bob

I can't imagine why anyone would take offense to this thread. Heck, I learned a few things myself.  :D

Good luck and have fun.

panniertankboy8751

Is bachmann pronounced backman or bokmin?

jettrainfan

Quote from: panniertankboy8751 on June 24, 2009, 12:05:34 PM
Is bachmann pronounced backman or bokmin?

Backman or as a dictionary, Bachmann, pronounced Bakman
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ZL7jR1cRb4             

This is how i got my name and i hope that you guys like it.

http://www.youtube.com/user/jettrainfan?feature=mhw4
youtube account