News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

HELP!!!!!!!

Started by panniertankboy8751, June 21, 2009, 06:35:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shining time

if we have a general idea we can probuly solve your problem :) :)  :) :) :)
long live the GWR, LNER, and the narrow gauge railways

panniertankboy8751

Quote from: jettrainfan on June 23, 2009, 12:59:46 AM
Quote from: panniertankboy8751 on June 23, 2009, 12:32:19 AM
I don't have a track plan. My layout is still a carpet based layout :-[.
Yes the others dont move once james is taken off >:(.

You mean a oval/circle style? Switches? Describe it.
Well basicly, it's an oval with four strights on ethier side. It does have three switches for going into the shed i made (took me like one min to make it out of a shoebox ;D). Last time i ran james was maybe, four weeks ago? Would it also help if i list the engine i have?

railtwister

Quote from: panniertankboy8751 on June 23, 2009, 12:32:19 AM
I don't have a track plan. My layout is still a carpet based layout :-[.
Yes the others don't move once James is taken off >:(.

PTB,

Do you mean to say that when James is ON the track, he won't move, but the others do, and when you take him off the track, THEN the other locos won't move? Or, is it a case of when James is on the track, NOTHING moves, and even once you take him off, still nothing will move for a period of time, but after that time passes, things return to normal? If it's the first case, you indeed have a very strange problem, but if it's the second case, probably James has some sort of short circuit and is tripping the breaker in the power pack, which takes a few moments to reset (after it resets, things return to normal). It could be that James' mechanism is jammed up with carpet fuzz, and this is putting enough of a load on the motor to make it draw enough current to cause it to trip the breaker. Worst case scenario is that this has caused the motor to burn out, causing a permanent short.

Bill

panniertankboy8751

Well i only run one engine at a time because i still use my DC controler. Aye, once he gets taken off, i put a new engine on say like, my praire. The engine will not move for at least a minute. Once it was really bad the no engine moved for at least THREE DAYS :o :o :o. Also, here's a list of all the engine i have and i'll see if that helps you guys.

A Bachmann Hogwarts Express Engine

A Vintage Lionel HO 2-4-2 Columbian

A vintage Lionel HO 0-4-0 Porter Diesel

A Roundhouse 2-8-0

A Bachmann 2-6-2 Prarie

A Bachmann 0-6-0 Pannier Tank 87xx (which is my name sake)

Just wanna see if that helps. I'm not bragging about the engines i have.

Guilford Guy

If you run your other engines first do they run fine?
Alex

panniertankboy8751

yes they do. and another note my dad never has time to take me to trainland to see whats wrong with James. And I have to say i'm so fed up with this that I'm plannig to get the Hornby James Electric passenger set. >:(

shining time

i would just call bachmann industries and ask if they can fix it or just get a new backmann james besides the hornby engines  are more expensive if we use american dollars, trust me i checked :) :) :) :) :)

jettrainfan

Quote from: shining time on June 23, 2009, 12:40:30 PM
"the hornby engines  are more expensive if we use american dollars, trust me i checked" :) :) :) :) :)

Yes they are! :o literally doubled! That is why i have not got a hornby Stepheny yet :( (The real model, not Thomas.)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ZL7jR1cRb4             

This is how i got my name and i hope that you guys like it.

http://www.youtube.com/user/jettrainfan?feature=mhw4
youtube account

panniertankboy8751

Yea I know, but I read that Hornby's are much more durable. Plus they're more RWS Acurate, which is what im looking for. The Bachmann Engines start buggering out after 150 hours of usage. :(

panniertankboy8751

Quote from: shining time on June 23, 2009, 12:40:30 PM
i would just call bachmann industries and ask if they can fix it or just get a new backmann james besides the hornby engines  are more expensive if we use american dollars, trust me i checked :) :) :) :) :)
Well that didn't stop me from buying a Bachmann Pannier and a Hornby Ex GWR 20 ton Breakvan. PLUS, I'm asking for the train set and Hornby henry for Christmas. I really like the fact that hornby's tender engines are tender driven. You can just pull the train with the tender only :P :P :P

shining time

just thought i would let you know :) :) :) :)

panniertankboy8751

panniertankboy8751

does any one know of a website besides Bachmann.com that shows you how to take apart James?

Cheeky_ULP

Quote from: panniertankboy8751 on June 25, 2009, 10:21:45 PM
does any one know of a website besides Bachmann.com that shows you how to take apart James?
Have fun with that.

Seriously. :l

panniertankboy8751

Quote from: Sparks on June 25, 2009, 11:17:10 PM
Quote from: panniertankboy8751 on June 25, 2009, 10:21:45 PM
Have fun with that.

Seriously. :l
Thanks I will. I already took off his cab ;D ;D ;D