News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Pro Box

Started by Pacific Northern, June 21, 2009, 09:37:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pacific Northern

I have been reading about the Pr Box add on for the Dynamis and given the manufactures suggested prices have come to the conclusion that this system with its various add ons is indeed a very expensiv.

The most unsettling  news on the various forums being expressed is that the ProBox will NOT be programmable to your computer.

It also seems that the power to the Dynamis is only rated at 3 amps, not much if you are planning on running a number of sound locomotives, especially if they are the older BLI units.

The Bachmann web site certainly lacks describing the specifics to any detail.

Pacific Northern

BestSnowman

I agree the lack of information and sticker price made it touch sell for me when all I wanted was to dig a little deeper into DCC programming. Instead I ended up finding a new Zephyr on eBay for a great price.
-Matthew Newman
My Layout Blog

OkieRick

I hope I'm understanding this right.  There might be an upgrade path fr those who have the Dynamis Command Control System.  It appears as though the PRO box sits atop the non-pro box.  Additional hand controls and the range extener can be purchased if needed.

The 36-508 sits atop the 36-505

"This May sees the release of several new additions to the Dynamis digital range that will allow you to extend your current Dynamis DCC system.

36-508 E-Z Command Dynamis Pro-Box
36-507 E-Z Command Dynamis Handset
36-509 E-Z Command Dynamis Wireless Receiver

Please see http://www.dynamisdcc.com/pdf/current1.pdf
for further details.

Best Regards
Bachmann Europe Plc"

---

OkieRick

Invacare 2-2-2 TDX5 Tilt Recline & Elevate - 24v - ALS Head Control
God Bless Jimmie Rogers the Singing Brakeman

the Bach-man

Dear All,
I set mine up today.
While I haven't added extra controllers yet, it does seem to improve operation.
Have fun!
the Bach-man