News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Long Island Railroad

Started by lamster, June 23, 2009, 10:58:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lamster

I just got the new Williams Catalog, looks great! Will Bachmann ever come out with the Long Island Railroad Scheme. GP-38 and  FA units pushing and pulling a set of 60' passenger cars would a big seller for 2010! Think about it.

Guilford Guy

I think K-Line did a set. Also, the LIRR Geeps were GP38-2s, there were some minor differences between the two. Its still a neat idea.
Alex

DominicMazoch

A  TM in SP BW, and some coaches in SP TTG would make a great SP Bay Area Commute Train!  Maybe WBB could make a different mold to place on various SP/UP/IC cars to represent the roofs on those cars.  Only the roof mold would be different, not the whole car.  In both 15 and 18" sizes, please!

Sunrise Special

Williams Long Island passenger set with GP38 and a dummy FA? BRING IT ON!!!!!!!  Now thats what I'm talking about!! I've posted this request on the OGR forum and have contacted MTH in the past but with no luck!  If Williams would produce Long Island and RF&P passenger cars and motive power...they would have ALL my business.  Lets make it happen Mr Harrington!!!! Does it sound like I'm a liitle hopeful? YES!!!  Perhaps Nassua Hobby can contract Bachmann to produce an exclusive set...they already did this with an Atlas LIRR ready to run steam set. 

Sunrise

DominicMazoch

Well, WBB has the molds to do it.  It would have to be a train with NO DOMES!  I could see also a LIRR train with PRR type steamers, and heavyweight cars in Tuscan!

Sunrise Special

Bachmann Product Design Team,

Is Long Isalnd or RF&P motive power a possibility?  Will Bachmann consider small road names or are we going to have to rely on MTH and Atlas to fill this market?

Sunrise

3rail

Hi Sunrise,

Sure they are possibilities. We have always supported small roads. Keep the suggestions coming.

Regards,
3rail

Lee Carlson

Let's not forget that the railroad's name is
Long Island Rail Road (4 words).  Many of
the early roads used two separate words.
The Strasburg Rail Road is another example.

You sure wouldn't want your model to be
incorrectly lettered now, would you?

Lee
Lee Carlson
President,
NYS&W -- Niantic, Yantic, Scantic & Willimantic Traction Co.

Mike_AA9ZY

Personally I would love to see the scale F-3 engines in CGW colors (with a matching CGW caboose of course). None of the other O gauge manufacturers have ever offered much in this road name. Or how about CBQ in the freight colors?

I've got no problem with the LIRR either. I think WBB has a real opportunity to compete with the others here.

After all you make a great product for the money.
I wouldn't trade my scale FA-1's, sharks, or BL-2's for anything.