News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Bachmann PCC Cars

Started by glennk28, June 24, 2009, 09:10:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

glennk28

I just got the latest issue of Scale Rails--Bachmann ad on the back cover with the variety of paint schemes on the HO PCC cars.  The paint jobs look great--can't say as much for the cars.  Why are they so far up in the air?  They should be "hunkered down" over the trucks such that the trucks are barely visible.  This is a step backward in quality, B-man.   gj

RAM

This is only a guess.  When the PCC first came out it was a toy.  They were reworked with new power trucks and motor.  Its looks like if the car body were moved forward, then the body could be lowered.  To me they still look like a toy.

pcctrolleyII

If you cut the screw mount just a little you can bring them down to look a lot better i did it to two of my 32 PCC i own and it works good plus having metal trolley poles help too ;)
PCC trolleys for life.

Santa Fe buff

pcctrolleyII,

Do you have any pictures of this?

Joshua
- Joshua Bauer

pcctrolleyII

yes i have pictures of the job i did i'll get them up as soon as i get my camera i lift it at work. :D
PCC trolleys for life.

pcctrolleyII

i just looked through my album and found the picture. i hope you can notice the mod i did if not let me know and I'll take a better picture.

PCC trolleys for life.

Santa Fe buff

I notice it, I also saw a lovely steamer sitting on the shelf.

Joshua
- Joshua Bauer

pcctrolleyII

yeah i also have steamers amungest other things.  i'll have a break down picture of it and the mount and tell you exsactly how much to take off. Once i get my camera from work most likely tomorrow.
PCC trolleys for life.

Santa Fe buff

Just to let you know, this is for my friend. He's the one with the PCC trolley. He does have an account on this forum, but he's currently off in South Carolina.  :)

Joshua
- Joshua Bauer

pcctrolleyII

Ok let your friend know that you take 3\4 of an inch off the screw mount to lower it down and here is a better view of the PCC car.  ;D

http://s61.photobucket.com/albums/h54/Excelstarship/?action=view&current=loweredPCC.jpg
PCC trolleys for life.

glennk28

That looks much better!   gj

pcctrolleyII

thank you very much GJ. I'm also working on making a double ended PCC hope to have it done soon.  :D
PCC trolleys for life.

kazooracer

Quote from: pcctrolleyII on June 29, 2009, 08:23:21 PM
Ok let your friend know that you take 3\4 of an inch off the screw mount to lower it down and here is a better view of the PCC car.  ;D

Do you really mean 3/4 of an inch?  That will take off almost the entire post.  Maybe 3/4 of one thread?

glennk28

In my "unbuiilt kit closet" I have a resin kit for the SF Muni class D double enders--don't know when I might get to it.   gj

pcctrolleyII

Sorry yes i meant three quarters of an inch i was tired last night again sorry for that. :D  Ok i've seen pictures of the Muni double enders they look pretty cool good luck when you build it.  : ;D
PCC trolleys for life.