News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Hello again freinds

Started by James Hail, June 28, 2009, 10:11:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

James Hail

Hello old Freinds......

I just have taken a small break from any layout work and this board for no real reason ....I have ran my trains a bit to keep em working...and had old Marx 666 027 under the Tree last year.

I got back into stationary Live steam engines and such ,and have been tinkering with them...Wilescos and Kit boilers from PM Research ect.

I'm getting back to work on the layout/stock soon...I just ordered 3 sound only decoders to get me going on installs of trains that are running already with a non sound decoder.

And am working on a second Mehano (pre IHC) Hudson kitbash to Freight service (mini chefs Pres Choice Canadian loco).

I landed 5 mint/un-used engines and tenders in Canadian National  green trim. (2 with all rolling stock from the set also)....So i have a lot to tinker with...they come with can motor/flywheel/seuthe smoker locos,just like IHC makes em and calls em Premiere...

Anyhoooooooo  ::)

Hello to all the new members and old freinds....... ;D

Jim
Currently landscaping and ballasting a 4x10 HO.....using a NCE DCC PowerCab and Having a Blast.[move]

Yampa Bob

Hi James, welcome back. Please keep us posted on your layout and projects. Sounds like you have lots to keep you busy.   :D

Bob   8)
I know what I wrote, I don't need a quote
Rule Number One: It's Our Railroad.  Rule Number Two: Refer to Rule Number One.

Santa Fe buff

I'm not sure if we've met before.

Anyway, my name is Josh, and it great to have someone back. :)

Joshua
- Joshua Bauer

CNE Runner

Hi James - Welcome back to our little group (which isn't all that little by any means). I think it is healthy to occasionally take a little break, from the hobby, and reenter with new vigor.

BTW: We all decided that the pizza is on you at our next gathering!

All the best,
Ray
"Keeping my hand on the throttle...and my eyes on the rail"

WoundedBear

Welcome back ....

Let us know how that conversion goes with the Hudson. I have one I'm eyeing for conversion as well. They run so nice that I don't want to let it collect dust.

What part of Canada are you in?

Sid

James Hail

Thanks for the welcome back fellas.

Im not in Canada..... I just scored the Hudsons so cheap it could'nt be helped 8o).....Ebay deal led to phone conversation with seller and big savings 8o).

I will post some pics in time of the first bash ....and the second as soon as i am done.

They are fine running locos...Mehano pre-IHC.

But i have had one IHC "Consolidation" that wore its chassis bad where the axles ride.......so i shimmed it with brass.......

Not sure if it was my fault....I was sure i used LaBell lubes on it...but she wore bad.....maybe somewhere i screwed up and used the wrong stuff and ate up that chassis .???

Now i have some .005 Teflon i will try.....but keeping it in that small of a area might be a pain.....

Anyhooooooo

3 will remain Canadian Green 5702's , as 1 is my sons ,1 is DCC now and the other is DC for the tree at Christmas.

As for the conversion ,I strip em down into a bowl ect....

And re-wire every stitch , Lights,Smoke and motor (and soon sound) are all hardwired , on/off micro switch under smoke box  for the smoke generator is disconnected and smoke wired to a DCC function output on the decoder,So i can smoke it if i want.......works fine with NCE decoder.

Then Strip the shell of the "smoke ears" and running board side plates(all glued),all handrails and stand offs ,same for tender,wood walkboards ect removed.

Then paint and re-assemble......

When I am done i will have 3 (2 bashed into freight service) on DCC ....and 1 DC un-bashed for the tree.

Should keep me in Hudsons for a while even if they are a bit off in the specs and valvegear/crosshead dept.

I'm no rivet counter......Just runnin' mu trainzzzzz

Jim

Currently landscaping and ballasting a 4x10 HO.....using a NCE DCC PowerCab and Having a Blast.[move]

James Hail

I cannot add pictures?...

I get this..... The upload folder is full. Please try a smaller file and/or contact an administrator.

Even with the file size under the limit......

What gives?

Jim

Yampa Bob

Jim
You have to upload your images to a hosting site, such as:

http://www.photobucket.com

Please compress images and reduce physical size to 500 pixels in width before uploading them to the site, otherwise those of us on  slooooow dialup can't see the images.

Once your image is in your album at the hosting site, mouseover the thumbnail and a drop down menu appears. Click on the bottom item "Img Code". When the code highlights, copy and paste the code into your post. Very easy, but a bit confusing at first.  If you have any problems, we will help you out.
I know what I wrote, I don't need a quote
Rule Number One: It's Our Railroad.  Rule Number Two: Refer to Rule Number One.