What electric rotarty tool are people using?

Started by Robertj668, June 28, 2009, 01:27:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stephen D. Richards

Robertj668,  you've been given great advice here.  I have been in the hobby for just over three years now and have had the benefit of three Dremels.  I also have a gunsmith shop and have used the Dremel tool for many years.  All fixed cord and I have tried the cordless.  Seems like everytime you really need it, the battery is low!  Stay with the corded version and must have the Flex Shaft.  Stephen

Woody Elmore

glennk28

I have several Dremels both corded and cordless--my 270 is a workhorse--although looking  back I should have spent the few bucks extra and bought the "industrial rated" 280.  Perhaps my favorite is my #232 flex-shaft tool.  (I won it from Dremel and RMC for the RMC Kitbash Award back in January 1977--I also have a newer corded tool.  It is a variable-speed tool, but I prefer foot controls as I usually have both hands busy with the tool and workpiece, so if I need to stop quickly, I can just take my foot off the control.   I also have two cordless--one of the Lithium Ion full-size ones, and a Mini-Mite--

Dremel jhas a good replacement policy for obsolete and out-of-production tools.  gj

Robertj668

I am glad I asked this in this forum compared to another place.  I believe these reviews are more honest and sincere.  I love my 400 XPR and my wife thinks she could have a good use for it too.  Uh oh.  When I have extra money I want to get some of the extras that have been thought of the in this forum.

Robert

grumpy

Yampa Bob

Don,
I haven't forgotten, just sold out for the time being. With everyone here crafting with deer antlers for tourists, drops are becoming quite scarce. I pay neighbor kids to search when they have time, but they often come up empty handed.

I discovered that older horns (bleached white and cracked by the sun that nobody else wanted) produced more appealing handles by staining. I tried to keep it a secret, but in time others found out.  Now crafters are paying up to $20 per horn (one side) for the bleached ones.

Remember when old "barn wood" became popular for crafts?  I know one guy who tore down an old delapidated barn and made a bundle selling the weathered and cracked wood piece by piece.  What a racket!  8)
I know what I wrote, I don't need a quote
Rule Number One: It's Our Railroad.  Rule Number Two: Refer to Rule Number One.