News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

To Whoever Really cares-

Started by Guilford Guy, June 30, 2009, 11:54:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Guilford Guy

I'm taking a leave of absence from forums. I've determined there's much more modeling I can accomplish in the time that I've spent reading posts and yelling people. Anyways, I'll probably stop by sometime next year, hopefully with something to show for the time spent in other activities.
Au revoir mes amis.
Alex
Alex

Yampa Bob

Hey Alex, I'm sure I can speak for others and say, we'll be looking forward to your accomplishments and lots of pictures. I've often wondered how teens, with so much going on in their lives, have any time for forums.

Heck, I'll miss you. I don't dare "yell" at my wife (unless I want TV dinners)  :D Believe me, there are times when I wonder why I spend so much time here, when there is still so much to do.  With no other modelers within 150 miles, it's my only contact with the outside world. 

Buena suerte! There's a chair with your name on it, so stop by when you can.  8)
I know what I wrote, I don't need a quote
Rule Number One: It's Our Railroad.  Rule Number Two: Refer to Rule Number One.

CNE Runner

Alex - I completely agree with Bob and wish you well in whatever future course you take. In the interest of fairness, I reviewed some of your past posts and can see that you do not 'yell' - rather you make frequent contributions to the good of the all. That is what Bachmann had in mind when they took the time, effort and expense to host this forum...modelers helping other modelers. Personally I think your impending departure is our loss far more than yours.

Like Bob, I too am in an area of model railroad isolation. As far as I know there are very few model railroaders in my part of Alabama. Please understand this may not be the case; but there is no vehicle with which to meet (and correspond) with others in the hobby. The Bachmann forum is my life line to a vast resource of information, acceptance and encouragement...something I have not found in other venues.

As a retired clinical psychologist, I have considerable experience working with teens and the myriad of issues they deal with...a heavy load for anyone of any age. You seem extraordinarily mature for your age - and seem to fit this forum very well. Alex, I suggest you take some time off to catch your breath - and then come back. You will always find the door of this forum open to those of your caliber.

It is a pleasure to know you.
Ray
"Keeping my hand on the throttle...and my eyes on the rail"

pdlethbridge

Alex, Alex, Alex. What can I say. You have been a good friend and will be missed. I hope you'll have time to come to Rochester.

Stephen D. Richards

GG,  hurry back now, ya hear!    Stephen