News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Curve radius

Started by siemer, June 30, 2009, 09:25:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

siemer

I can't find it on the site so I'll ask.  What's the turn radius in inches for the Bachmann G-scale standard curved track?  And will all Bachmann large scale locos negotiate that radius?  Thanks.

Loco Bill

The radius is two feet yielding a circle 4 feet in diameter.   All Big Hauler (standard line) locomotives will work, many Spectrum line locomotives will also work, but several will not such as the K-27 and Mallet.

If you are planning to purchase a Spectrum for use on the four foot diameter circle, it is best to check here by asking about the specific loco you are wanting to purchase.

Hope this helps!
Loco Bill,
Roundhouse Foreman
Missouri Western Railway

Unnofficial Historian of Bachmann Large Scale Products

glennk28

In general--the Spectrum geared locos  (Shays, Heisler, Climax) will take the standard curves as long as the couplers are truck mounted.  The rod engines except for the 0-4-0's, nees at least 4 foot radius (LGB 16000 series or the equivalent.  gj

siemer

Thanks, guys.  I remain in awe of all the people who take the time to answer what must be very simple questios (aka dumb ones) from strangers. 

Chuck N

The only dumb questions are the ones that are not asked and kept to your self. 

There are a lot of knowledgeable people out here who are more than willing to offer an answer.  The only problem is that you might get four different answers, but that is part of the fun.

Chuck