News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Bachmann Porters

Started by Consolidation, March 29, 2007, 10:00:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Consolidation

Are either of them actually 1:20.3 scale?

Mark Lewis

the Bach-man

Dear MArk,
Both new Porters are cearly larger than the previous version, and are 1:20.3 Scale.
However, Porters were classified by weight, so all the models look good in multiple scales.
Have fun!
the Bach-man

Consolidation

Has the saddle tank version been discontinued?

the Bach-man

Dear Consol,
It's not in the catalog this year, but it's still fairly easy to find.
Have fun!
the Bach-man

traindude109

Quote from: Consolidation on March 29, 2007, 10:12:26 PM

www.lgbpola.com St. Aubins has them for $80. A couple guys in our club have them. They are nice locos, but fairly  light. I think some weight would make them run smoother.
Matt

Boulder Creek and Western Railroad (G scale 1:20.3)

Spule 4

Quote from: traindude109 on April 10, 2007, 02:19:37 PM
Quote from: Consolidation on March 29, 2007, 10:12:26 PM

www.lgbpola.com St. Aubins has them for $80. A couple guys in our club have them. They are nice locos, but fairly  light. I think some weight would make them run smoother.

I bought one from them, no problems. The weight in the rear would be best, they are nose heavy (big open spot for a speaker toward the firebox).  Neat model, the prototype was about 18 ton I think?  Would love to see these modern guys in On30, but since Grandt has one that size, I doubt it.... :-\
Garrett

Jon D. Miller

The saddle tank Porter weights 3 pounds, 12 ounces.

The side tank Porter weights 4 pounds, 4 ounces.

Both could use some weight if you plan to pull more cars than the 1:1 versions of these models normally were expected to pull. 

JD
Poster Child (unofficial & uncompensated)

AlanB

All,

Is it just me doing something wrong or is there no info on the 'old Porters #82097/8/9 in the product section of this site?

Regards
AlanB