News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

E7

Started by rustyrails, July 04, 2009, 05:20:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rustyrails

E7
I just acquired a Proto 2000 E7 with factory sound/dcc.  I've lots of experience with Proto 2000 engines so I had no qualms about purchasing this unit, but this is my first experience with factory installed dcc and sound.  Anybody know anything peculiar about these engines?  Thanks.
Rusty 

adari

Do you mean sound tricks? or what sounds you can activate

rustyrails

No, I meant does it do anything weird like not accepting an address or something like that.  It won't be here for a few days yet, so I'm just trying to gather information.  I have a set of E9's and a set of E6's and they are wonderful runners, so I expect this one will be too.

adari

acctually yes. You have to put proto 2000 engines off the track  when you program other engines on main. I would reccommend a programing track. Yeah they are wonderful runners. Mine can go less then 1 scale mile per hour!
Adam

OkieRick

I like Proto locos.  I have one steam DCC w/ sound - a 2-10-2.  I have 3 high hood DC diesels.  All are good running locos.  I have intentions of putting DCC in two of them - QSI if possible.  I like QSI's decoders with the magic wand to reset CVs to defaults, adjust volume, etc.

Rick

Invacare 2-2-2 TDX5 Tilt Recline & Elevate - 24v - ALS Head Control
God Bless Jimmie Rogers the Singing Brakeman