HO scale STEPHENSON'S ROCKET ....anyone?

Started by James Hail, June 30, 2009, 10:33:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

James Hail

How about it Bachmann?.....HO scale  STEPHENSON'S ROCKET

Or a larger scale......

I would buy it in a heartbeat...if it was NOT standard line........

Jim
Currently landscaping and ballasting a 4x10 HO.....using a NCE DCC PowerCab and Having a Blast.[move]

Jake

I remember seeing an ad for a stationary model of it in Historic Rail. A special motor kit was available for it. I can't quite remember, but I know it was either O or G scale.
Co Admin/Founder of the North American Narrow Gauge Modelers!
http://www.getphpbb.com/phpbb/northamericanna.html
www.myspace.com/vfb1210

JIMMY!! HAFF AR LODE JUST DROPPED LOOS!!!

Hamish K

Tri-ang made an OO (1:76 scale on HO gauge track) model in the 1960s, it was reissued about 1980 by Hornby (as Tri-ang had become). They appear on eBay sometimes, usually pricey. Dapol still make an unpowered plastic OO kit.

I don't know whether there is any chance of a Hornby reissue (they did recently reissue the Dean single (a model which also dates from the 1960s) as limited releases, so you never know. I suspect a Hornby reissue is more likely than a Bachmann model - any Bachmann model would presumably be aimed largely at the British market (Bachmann Branchline) but they would be aware of the possibility of a Hornby reissue. I doubt that either company would feel that there was room for two models.

Hamish

renniks

I have one of the Triang-Hornby issue with single coach safely tucked away in its box.
Saw one on ebay about 5 years ago that went for nearly £50. Must see if I can find the present going price.

Eric UK

James Hail

I think it would go great with the other Old time locos....John Bull,Dewitt Clinton,Perussia,ect.....

Come on Bachmann........

Who else is making them ?..... open market......

I bet it would sell just fine ,,,we could slap a Z decoder in it....... 8o)

Who must be paid off in congress to get this done?......

I don't want a old crappy running version with a 3 pole slot car motor in it....

So I'm out of luck unless someone tools up!

Jim
Currently landscaping and ballasting a 4x10 HO.....using a NCE DCC PowerCab and Having a Blast.[move]

BestSnowman

Quote from: James Hail on July 01, 2009, 07:57:18 PM
I think it would go great with the other Old time locos....John Bull,Dewitt Clinton,Perussia,ect.....

Come on Bachmann........

I don't want a old crappy running version with a 3 pole slot car motor in it....

Jim

Sounds like a business opportunity waiting for investors :)

As for congress, they are too busy paying back campaign contributers to worry about something like this right now. If you wait until they have bankrupted the government (should be in the next few weeks) it will probably be easier (cost less to bribe them when they are out of money)
-Matthew Newman
My Layout Blog

jettrainfan

Quote from: James Hail on July 01, 2009, 07:57:18 PM

Come on Bachmann........

Jim
you would expect them to make it with that bunch. I wonder why not? it is well known. ???
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ZL7jR1cRb4             

This is how i got my name and i hope that you guys like it.

http://www.youtube.com/user/jettrainfan?feature=mhw4
youtube account

James Hail

Just ordered a new Dewitt Clinton and Pegasus.......still NO Rocket!   Come On guys (Bachmann) Make us a Rocket!

Doneldon

James and Snowy-

Be realistic. Congress could not possibly care less about whether these models get built, just as it should be. And I wouldn't look for any
high quality models of these, either. No company's board of directors is going to sit still while tons of money is spent on a product which
would be lucky to sell a thousand copies.

-- D

poliss

You'd be very lucky to get Tri-ang/Hornby Rocket for £50.00 these days. Try tripling the price. They might only sell a thousand in the USA, but they'd be very popular in the UK. I model N scale, but I'd buy one.