News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Mod-U-Rail opinions

Started by Kelly Beard, April 03, 2007, 04:20:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kelly Beard

While at a Hobby Lobby, considering selling all of my HO stuff for N scale, I noticed this Mod-U-Rail system by Woodland Scenics.  A little pricey, but maybe this is what I need to keep my interest in HO going, since my train set is just sitting on the floor.  $120 for a straight set, $140 for a corner set.  Of course, space is at a premium but the garage is in the process of getting cleaned out and I've thought about using part of it for train junk.

Just getting some opinions and doing homework before I commit to something.  Thanks a bunch.

SteamGene

I've helped with one at the LHS - not sure it's that set.  WS does a great job and you can probably get it cheaper than at Hobby Lobby.
Gene
Chief Brass Hat
Virginia Tidewater and Piedmont Railroad
"Only coal fired steam locomotives"

GlennW

As for HL: Don't forget to look in Sunday's Newspaper for the 40% off coupon. Or go to their website & print it!

WS does a great job. They have been selling these modular sets for a few years. The set should give you many things you will need to build a module. At $120 + $140 it will get a bit pricey. I forget what the 4x6 or 4x8 layout sets also sell for.

jsmvmd

Glenn,

The 4x6 is N scale, I think and is about 280. The 4x8 comes in two different kits and is about $350+.  If you catch WS at a train show you can haggle with them.  ;D

Best, Jack