News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

More layout pictures

Started by SteamGene, July 07, 2009, 05:04:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SteamGene

These are only layout pictures.  Some are from the last two days. 

http://photobucket.com/VTAPRR

Gene
Chief Brass Hat
Virginia Tidewater and Piedmont Railroad
"Only coal fired steam locomotives"

CNE Runner

Gene - Your layout is really coming along nicely. I liked the selection of images - which showed the progress you have made so far. Keep sharing them with us.

Ray
"Keeping my hand on the throttle...and my eyes on the rail"

rogertra

Gene.

Keep up the good work and keep us appraised of progress.

OkieRick

Gene,

Tell me about your turnout setup and motors on South River Yard and Leesboro Depot - photo 35 of 37.  What brand turnouts and motors are you using?  Do you have your switch motors hidden below?

It looks dang nice.  Keep posting updates.

My gandy dancers found out there was work available back in China and took a freighter back home to be with their families.  Good cheap help is hard to find.

Rick

Invacare 2-2-2 TDX5 Tilt Recline & Elevate - 24v - ALS Head Control
God Bless Jimmie Rogers the Singing Brakeman

SteamGene

Rick,
Every turnout that will work with a Caboose throw uses one.  Those that won't, use a double pole electric switch without electricity to throw the turnout via a wire connecting turnout to switch.  The sole exceptions are a few at the Gordonsville end of  staging which use Atlas above table controls.  I was going to use the below table Atlas controls on the east end of South River Yard, but gave up on them, especially after I talked with the Atlas tech rep who says he can't get them to work, either!   ;D  Fortunately, I was able to sell them at the Tidewater Division January inter club white elephant. 
Gene
Chief Brass Hat

OkieRick

I'm not understanding yet Gene.  I see Caboose advertised but no mention of electric power.  I believe you because these are Caboose pictured below, swiped from your photo:

Does Caboose make HO powered motors?  How are the above 3 turnouts 'switched' - manually or AC / DC powered?

Stolen info.

Features:
    * Molded of strong, self-lubricating black delrin.
    * External cam provides maximum life and travel.
    * Cam design provides lock on both ends of the throw from 10 degrees above horizontal to the extreme down position.
    * Direct connection to the turnout through a pin on the slide bar.
    * Detent to assist in holding the handle horizontal.

Additional info:
"The 200S series are internally sprung stands. Stainless steel springs take up the overtravel and maintain tension to hold the movable points agianst the stock rails of the turn out. These springs make the machines easy to mount to the turnout."

I have table top motors planned to switch my Atlas turnouts.

Thanks-
Rick

Invacare 2-2-2 TDX5 Tilt Recline & Elevate - 24v - ALS Head Control
God Bless Jimmie Rogers the Singing Brakeman

SteamGene

They are thrown manually.  The clearance is tight or I would have used Caboose throws. 
Gene
Chief Brass Hat