News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Track power kits for passenger cars.

Started by New ChooChoo, July 06, 2009, 07:20:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

New ChooChoo

I recently purchased a Silverado passenger set. I would like to know the part# and pricing for an upgrade kit to convert the passenger cars from the 9volt battery lighting system to track powered lighting.
Thanks, New ChooChoo

the Bach-man

Dear New,
I'd start with the service department, but I'm not sure the kits are available.
Good luck!
the Bach-man

mudhen

Try this web site www.dallee.com....It my be what you need/want!

Dave

I would be thinking twice about changing your coach lighting to track power. There some cons with that idea which are :  Extra drag resulting in more amps required from your power supply, The lights go out when you stop at a station [ not very realistic ] , and even more amps required to light up those coaches.  also, as your Train speed changes, the lights will differ in intensity with the change in voltage.
              Of course the pros are that you won't have to charge up the batteries every so often.  Anyway, it's your call and what you do is up to you. I'm sure there are plenty of people for and against Track power Lighting.
                           All the best with your Garden Railway

Dave
                                    New Zealand

Jon D. Miller

Rather than changing to track pickup for coach lights you might find it a better solution to change the lights to LEDs.  With LEDs the 9 volt battery life is greatly extended and you control the lights; not the track power.

JD
Poster Child (unofficial & uncompensated)

New ChooChoo

Hmmmmm...led lighting. Why didnt I think of that.

Jon D. Miller

New ChooChoo,

I sent you an extensive e-mail that explains using LEDs for J&S coaches.  Along with the description there are four photographs.

THE E-MAIL WAS BOUNCED AS NOT DELIVERABLE.  POSSIBLY DUE TO INCORRECT E-MAIL ADDRESS, OR MAYBE YOUR SPAM FILTER WOULD NOT ALLOW THE E-MAIL.

Could you send me a working e-mail address and I'll resend the information?

JD

Doug.Oaks

I, also, would be interested in how you installed LED's and what ones you have had success with.

Thanks,
Doug

Jon D. Miller

Doug
Send me your e-mail address and I'll send the information provided to ChooChoo and Loco Bill.

My e-mail is:  jlsrails@aol.com

JD

New ChooChoo

Hey everyone,

A hats off to Jon Miller!! I tried his instructions for LED lights in passenger cars. I did one this weekend and it works great!! Much brighter that the stock lights that come in the cars.  Two lights work great and provide enough light. Three might be ok too, thats up to the individual.

jsmvmd

Dear Jon,

Would you please send me a copy of your email ?  This is something I would like to do.

jsmvmdataolperiodcom  (This format was recommended by a forum member to avoid your receiving spam)

Thanks and Best Wishes !

Jack