Merry Christmas -- Price is Right gets trains....

Started by TrainArts, December 24, 2009, 02:16:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TrainArts

Maybe I missed another thread, if so here's another place to say Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah, or whatever holiday gets you to go out and buy Bachmann trains.

This morning on price is right they had Drew Carrey come out on a locomotive, and gave away a couple trainsets as prizes. Good for them for bringing some publicity to model trains. Of course they had the trains zipping around at full throttle, about scale 130mph.

Here's some "fair use" low quality shots from the show, for review purposes, plus a shot of one of my Christmas scenes with Plasticville and a Roaring Ridge set. Excuse the mess in the background.

Cody J

CSX Mt. Storm Subdivision- Freemont, West Virginia

http://s277.photobucket.com/albums/kk49/trainsrock96/

CNE Runner

Nice (large) Christmas layout. From some of the images of Drew Carrey's show I'd say those trains were approaching Warp Factor 3. Your holiday layout reminds me of some of the huge ones we used to construct. One year we had trains going from the living room into both bedrooms. After my wife stepped on a track during the night, we dispensed with multi-room running.

Assuming you are running 3-rail stuff; Williams has come out with some really nice trains.

Happy Holidays,
Ray
"Keeping my hand on the throttle...and my eyes on the rail"

RAM

That three rail stuff does not have any speed control.  It just has an off and on switch.  At least that is the way it seems.

TrainArts

The table is just the dining room table with 4 2'x4' foam pieces on top. Here's three updated views with all the junk on the table, all are links to bigger versions:

Here's where I should get a rebate from Bachmann, there's G, On30 and HO mixed together:

And just for fun here's a shot of an old Erie & Lackawanna car just after being trucked into Virginia City, this is it's first run on Nevada's Virginia and Truckee tracks. It's tentatively called the Mexican after one of the Virginia City mines:

TrainArts

Have to assume the previous post was a joke, since it was posted by Jestor the Jester.

It would have been funny, too bad it wasn't. Merry Christmas, Peace to all mankind and all jazz.

Jim

Quote from: jestor on December 24, 2009, 09:52:02 PM
Quote from: RAM on December 24, 2009, 08:16:02 PM
That three rail stuff does not have any speed control.  It just has an off and on switch.  At least that is the way it seems.
I must assume that the Price is Right is your only exposure to O Scale(3 rail) trains, as your comments indicate complete ignorance regarding the superior operating qualities of modern O Scale trains.  Too bad.   :(

RAM

Jester, I know that it can be run with very good speed control.  But far too much of it is run fast.

ebtbob

To bad how fast a thread can disintegrate with a couple ill placed replys.   Remember,  it is not what you say -  it is how you say it.
    Anyway,   thankyou to all who supplied pix of their Christmas setups.  It shows a lot of thought that goes into each effort.
Bob Rule, Jr.
Hatboro, Pa
In God We Trust
Not so much in Congress
GATSME MRRC - www.gatsme.org

Terry Toenges

Rebate? I want one tooooooo....... ;D

Trainart - I love your way of thinking.:-)
Feel like a Mogul.