Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

spectrum wish list

Started by pdlethbridge, July 09, 2009, 02:06:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stephen D. Richards

Sorry, wrong name right reason!  My mistake.  Stephen

rogertra

Storm in a teacup.  Sheesh, get a life.  All this fuss over a nothing word.

I hear worse on school buses.

Stephen D. Richards

If you can't have a storm in a teacup, then what use is the tea?   ;) 

pdlethbridge

the moderator could kick you off for a "nothing" word

Len

Quote from: john tricarico on July 18, 2009, 11:14:44 PM
im still waiting and waiting for the the FL9

Amen to that!

A decent painted, unlettered, unnumbered 2-6-2 would also be nice.

And I can't believe Life-Like/Walthers is still sitting on redoing the DL-109 in unnumbered New Haven buff/green scheme with an interchangable early/late roof.

NH had over 60 of the things, but when they do a rerelease they keep doing the early rood only for roads that only had 2 to 4 of the things. Frustrating.

Len

If at first you don't succeed, throw it in the spare parts box.

john tricarico

yo len
your right about life like not redoing the DL-109
both runs were sellouts  including new haven

just think of all those great paint jobs you
can do on the FL9
i can think of about a dozen color schemes

are you listening out there manufactures

john t  brooklyn ny

Rashputin

pdlethbridge

I'll be glad to watch my language in the future, but FYI current writing style guides define the term in question as simple slang rather than profanity.  You might consider that in the future, particularly if the ending 'g' is left off leaving a well known and regularly used California term that even appears on billboards.

Regarrds

Rashputin

Believe it or not, Marx made a pretty decent FL9 for their train sets back in 1960 with the B truck and C truck accurately molded including the pickup shoe on the rear truck.  NH only as I recall, but a reasonable engine all around considering the time it was done.  I never see that one mentioned when you see lists of companies that have done the FL9.  I keep planning on digging out mine and remotering it.  I still have my first train set, track with molded ballast (another Marx first) and all just to run at Christmas time and such.

Regards

pdlethbridge

this is a quote from this sites code of conduct
"Profane language of any form is not allowed.  This forum is rated G for all audiences. We have censor filters in place for improper words.  If you find any post that uses improper language, please report it so that the post can be deleted and the offending word(s) added to the censor list."

Rashputin

pdlethbridge -

As I said, I accept your personal definition of "profane" here and will abide by it.  However, lest you become shocked elsewhere when your personal definitions are not the acid test, I repeat, ".. define the term in question as simple slang rather than profanity".

You could, perhaps, read at least as much as you post rather than quoting the rule book which may or may not apply where you are not the prevailing authority.  Beware the other G rated places, as I said.

have a really nice, profanity free, day

Rashputin

And people are still female dogging (an ancient Algerian term for complaining) about not having any of the NYC L2 series or the H10b,  both of which Bachmann has the basis for with models they've already run.

Regards

SteamGene

The H-4 is not a C&O "version."  It is a C&O locomotive  I think that the USRA 2-6-6-2 MAY be a variant of it.  (Which could explain why the C&O did not like the ones they received!)
Gene
Chief Brass Hat
Virginia Tidewater and Piedmont Railroad
"Only coal fired steam locomotives"

rogertra

Quote from: pdlethbridge on July 20, 2009, 02:00:28 PM
this is a quote from this sites code of conduct
"Profane language of any form is not allowed.  This forum is rated G for all audiences. We have censor filters in place for improper words.  If you find any post that uses improper language, please report it so that the post can be deleted and the offending word(s) added to the censor list."

The word in question passed though the Bachmann censor filters and is indeed acceptable in the spell check dictionary.

Take you morality and keep it to yourself and don't try to force it on anyone else.

FECfan

People, just give it up, aren't we all on to discuss model Railroading?