News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

new caboose

Started by ossygobbin, July 09, 2009, 03:14:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hamish K

Quote from: jestor on July 13, 2009, 07:35:13 AM
Hamish, I imagine that the cupola is "removeable" in order to have access to place figure(s) in the seat(s), if you so desire.

Jestor

I suspect that you are right, but I was hoping!

In terms of length the Bachmann model is probably close to SR&RL #554 i.e. if it is based on the freight car chasis. However the windows are wrong. #554 was converted from an excursion car and, when first converted, did not have a cupola. That was added later. For information on #554 see
http://www.largescalecentral.com/articles/view.php?id=47&page=2

I think it's a pity Bachmann didn't take the opportunity to produce a reasonable (though not exact being too wide) model of #554 using the freight car chasis, such a model could have been made both with and without a cupola.

However, as it stands the Bachmann model without a cupola would make a nice short combine or caboose that would be ideal for my freelanced line, and no doubt suit others as well. Perhaps a version without a cupola will follow?

Hamish

El Loco

How about a Drovers caboose to go with all of the Cattle/stock car rolling stock?

jestor

Quote from: El Loco on July 13, 2009, 08:45:43 PM
How about a Drovers caboose to go with all of the Cattle/stock car rolling stock?
Micro Mark sells a kit for the B-Mann combine.

jestor

Quote from: Hamish K on July 09, 2009, 08:03:17 PM
Does removeable cupola mean that it can be configured without the cupola? How long is it?

Hamish
Besides providing access to the interior, being removeable makes it easier for us "bashers" to get rid of it and make a flat roof version. A simple project actually.

Tomcat

jestor,
what MicroMark sells is the pretty model kit from MountBlueModelCo. I´ve done this kit-really great!!!

Kind regards, Tom