News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

New stuff

Started by Linzthom, July 10, 2009, 03:31:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linzthom

Congratulations Bachman,

Yeah, the new stuff is nice. Really nice.  But when the heck is Bachman going to listen to what WE want.

A HEISLER !!!

Come on. It is the most consistantly ask for loco for years !!!

(or is it because they are having problems with the gear trains of the other 2 geared lokeys that they won't chance their arm with releasing it.) ??? ??? ???

Lindsay T

http://heisler.webs.com/
I'm going to live forever; or die trying

max (uk)

Ah, I see you have brought up the dead horse again, I'm waiting for a Heisler too. I hope they made one like the West Side Heislers.

As this has been requested so many times, I'm sure they will have one somewhere in the production line. :)

ebtbob

Probably will be done the same year they do the "EBT" caboose.
Bob Rule, Jr.
Hatboro, Pa
In God We Trust
Not so much in Congress
GATSME MRRC - www.gatsme.org

aussie30inch

Again well done Bachmann

the locos look great, but alas they anrt me but many will be pleased! And many say you dont listern,  but you did produce a new Caboose , which will complete the SR+RL  freights but not much good to anybody else  ;D ( no sour grapes!)
I look forward to next years New Productions

Again well done

Geoff

jestor

I guess that I'll be the first to say "well done Bachmann" (with no reservation) on the new releases.  As my railroad is freelance, I can use anything Bachmann produces in ON-30 and letter it for my road.  BIG SMILEY FACE!

jpipkin

I agree with you Jester!

El Loco

Nothing I would care to own.  No sale here.

ossygobbin

that caboose isnt offered anywhere else because it is a freelance lookalike, and nothing like a SRRL caboose. too short, too wide, wrong cupola, wrong window arrangement.
what a shame

JohnR

I don't think the Heisler is a dead horse.  It's a sadly missed opportunity.

It has been requested here and elsewhere.  Politely lobbied for directly to Bachmann's booth representatives.  Begged for.  Pleaded for.  All this over a lengthy span of years by a lot of people.  I have no doubt that they've heard the request.   I know also that their product releases take 2-3 years (or more) from green light to delivery.  Even so, the Heisler continues to be a no-show on announcement after announcement.

I have a concern that Bachmann may be developing the attitude that we'll just take whatever they offer up so long as the quality is there.  I hope I'm wrong.  But there isn't any other big manufacturer in the On30 game.  They are the 600 lb gorilla.  Who's gonna produce a Heisler if they don't? 

Perhaps, the present negative undercurrent to their new announcements will cause the green light for A Heisler (maybe not Your Heisler).  Perhaps if it is on the schedule, Bachmann will take the bold (and risky) step to tell us well see a Heisler within 3 years. 

Our community is large, diverse and growing.  No matter what Bachmann's plans are for the Heisler (or any of our other 'pet' locomotive requests), they will never get 100% satisfaction. 

In the case of the Heisler though, I think Bachmann needs to resolve the request one way or the other - soon.

-John

jestor

In view of all the mechanical issues (right out of the box or with only a few minutes of running time) Bachmann has had with the other geared locomotives, I suspect that they are not in a hurry to field yet another headache for their service department. Notice that all the releases since those two geared locos have  been rod locos which in comparison have few if any problems. I think the handwriting is on the wall. 

James Thomas

Thanks Bachmann.  There will be good stuff for Christmas this year.  Nice to see new releases with sound.  Hopefully the two 4-4-0's will be released with sound also.

Interesting how some people are disappointed they didn't get the exact loco they wanted.  Yes, it should be all about you.  There doesn't seem to be any more of a "negative undercurrent" than a "positive undercurrent" regarding the new announcements.

I think the Heisler issue has been resolved one way or the other -- the other!

Thanks again.
-JRT

Linzthom

Hi James,
It isn't all about 'me'. Far from it. The Heisler was an important industrial loco and  I, should I say 'we', would like one to reflect that. Over the years we have had rod loco after loco so a nice change would be the inclusion of a Heisler to round off the 'big 3' of these geared locos. That's why we 'flog the ( dead ? ) horse.

I know for myself, I'd sell my Climax and a couple of rod locos to help pay for 2 Heislers as the Heisler fits in with my type of lay out.

Ciao for now

Lindsay

http://heisler.webs.com/
I'm going to live forever; or die trying

C.S.R.R. Manager

We really don't know if Bachmann has ruled out a Heisler -- Just that there hasn't been one announced yet.

Perhaps Bachmann is holding off on releasing a Heisler until they can develop a model that runs really well.  Or maybe they are trying to figure out which Heisler to replicate.  All of the threads I've seen show a variety of suggestions for a prototype, and they may think that whatever Heisler they choose, half of the Heisler guys aren't going to like it.  I could be wrong, and it would make an interesting topic for a new thread.

The On30 community is diverse in their interests, and it's a challenge to balance a product line to appeal to the widest possible cross-section.

Here's my approach when Bachmann doesn't build what I want: Find a way to build your own version, in the On30 tradition.  Seems like I saw an On30 body that would fit over an HO Rivarossi Heisler mechanism, which is in development.  Then, once you've gone to great lengths to bash your own version, Bachmann will announce the loco you were looking for all along, usually for less dollars and with higher quality than your bash.

Manager

Tomcat

Heisler, yeahh...

I´ve been one of the bums who...
But definitely agree with the C.S.R.R. Manager - the point is: Which one..??
More modern? More recent?

To me-a more modern Heisler, just like the Fn3 model, would be fine.
BUT there are masses of friends outside, I´m sure, who would rather
like to have a older lokie, I´m sure...

Cheers, Tom

El Loco

If a Heisler is made I hope they dont use plastic gears and drive line parts as they did on the Climax & Shay . 
Funny, not so... I purchased a Climax it made a days worth of running and it went ka-put never ran again.  Unlike my" bullet proof" Shay that still keeps humping those log bunks up and down the mountain.  I can understand why they would be gun shy about MFG a Heisler being the Climax had  some reliability issues.