News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Photo request please for Mr. Bachmann

Started by ksivils, July 09, 2009, 10:43:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ksivils

Mr. Bachmann,

You always post photos of the new upcoming products.  No hurry as we all know you are busy, but when you get a chance to take photos of the awesome new 2-6-6-2, would you please be so kind as to take an up close photo of how both couplers are mounted among the different photos you take of this wonderful locomotive.

Thank you.

the Bach-man

Dear Kevin,
There is a link to a PDF that shows all the new items. It's in Featured Products on the Home Page.
I'll take some pics at the show amd then post them.
Have fun!
the Bach-man

jim margerum

Hello Mr.B; Am I missing the pictures somewhere or are they not up yet? I had hoped that they would have been posted over the weekend. All the talk elsewhere is the comparison in size, to a know loco or car already out, to get the feel for how big or small the 2-6-6-2 really is. Inquiring mines want to know. Please put something up for all to see. Thanks in advance, Jim

C.S.R.R. Manager

Jim, I did a quick comparison of the "Milan" drawings with the drawings for the inside-framed 4-4-0, and they are similar in height.  The 2-6-6-2 is longer, of course, and when the back of the cabs are lined up, the front of the 4-4-0 smokebox lines up with the point where the 2-6-6-2 smokebox attaches to the boiler.  In other words, the 2-6-6-2 boiler seems to be longer by the length of the smokebox. 

But it will be helpful to see the 2-6-6-2 [and the 4-6-0] in context on a layout, next to other locos and rolling stock.  I'm anticipating that...

Manager

the Bach-man

Dear Jim,
The link to the PDF with pictures of all the new items is in the Featured Products section.
Enjoy!
the Bach-man