News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

on30 k-27s

Started by ramsey, July 11, 2009, 03:51:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ramsey

Mr. Bachmann I was wondering if you were ever going to make a k-27 in on30 since you make one in large scale

drgw268

Oh, did you just step into it.

El Loco

Only if it was EBT or SRRL.  What nerve ! Asking for Colorado narrow gauge!
Count me in for one  C&S & D& RG will be fine thank you! ;D

Frisco

Yeah! Another advocate! ;D
They'll never make one, but whe can still push for it!

jestor

Since it seems to be a reasonable goal (of Bachmann) to produce locos that will handle 18" radius (since that's what most of us use) I doubt that we'll ever see a "K" whatever from them. It doesn't fit in with the current direction they seem to heading (finding interesting 30" prototypes) .

Ken

If Bachmann produces a OF 2-8-2 my vote go's to the Patagonia National
engine's ,  #1-25, built by Baldwin. A few are still in tourist service on the Esquel
line.

Not thinking they would ever build the RFRIT  2-10-2s though, for those that want 2&1/2ft Superpower!. <BG>

Ken C
   GWN

El Loco

The 2-6-6-2  is going to look good going around a 18" radius?  I beg to differ!  
Now tell me the K-27 couldn't be made to handle a 22"  if they can pull off the 2-6-6-2  & a 18" . Articulation is one key to the 18" but still.

ebtbob

Good Evening All,

I have serious doubts that Bachmann would ever do a K27 in On30.
MMI has already done that engine and it truely needs curves broader than most On30 modelers work with.
         I have two of the K27s from MMI.   Out of the box,  they supposedly require 26 inch minimum radius,   but if you find a way to reduce the number of wires between the engine and tender you can get this engine around 22 inch radius,  but it really needs to creep thru that tight a radius.     Another thing to consider,  if done to scale,   the K27 will dwarf On30 cars,  the size that Bachmann produces.  That being said,  the physical appearence does not bother me.
          Last thing.......a comment was made,   somewhere above me here, that it may be lettered for the EBT.     If Bachmann or anyone else  produced an outside frame 2-8-2 which is what the K27s are,   then I can promise you this,   there will not be one on my railroad as much as I love the EBT.

Bob
Bob Rule, Jr.
Hatboro, Pa
In God We Trust
Not so much in Congress
GATSME MRRC - www.gatsme.org

El Loco

Bob,  ;) I was just being a grouchy old coot due to all of the EBT & SRRL equipment being introduced and  no Colorado narrow gauge. My  only intent was a smart alec remark only.  It would be :o sac-religious to put SRRL or EBT on a K-27!.
An updated Mogul  & or a C16 with better details not moulded to the broiler  would be a plus. Even offering aftermarket tenders Sloped, whale back, etc...
Anyway I shall digress with the sore loser syndrome. {Crawling back into my cave....}
Best regards :)

ebtbob

El Loco,

I took no offense to what you said.   I was just trying to communicate my feelings about a "Bachmann K27".    Manufacturers,  over the years,  have taken one model of an engine and applied as many as twenty road names to it.   IHC is a prime example of this practice.
        I will say this,   if Bachmann were to produce the K27 in On30,  and it ran as good as everything else I have from them,   if would be extremely hard to pass on it.   As it is now,   I have 2 K27s,  2 Bachmann 2-8-0s,  a BLI 2-8-0,  a Precision Craft goose,   three gas mechanicals,  a shay,  and a heisler.    I have two 4-6-0s on order and want one of the new 2-6-6-2s when they become available.    So anything new on the On30 market would have to be pretty special for to spring for the bucks.

Bob
Bob Rule, Jr.
Hatboro, Pa
In God We Trust
Not so much in Congress
GATSME MRRC - www.gatsme.org