News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

j class ?

Started by sully14, April 05, 2007, 01:42:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sully14

Hello all from the new guy here. Just got my 611 dad ordered me for Christmas, and it is beautiful. Ran it a little on my test loop, but curves are just too small. Gonna add a loop with bigger turns to my table, maybe tomorrow. Was wondering about a source for passenger cars for this engine. Been trying to find the info, but am not doing a good job. Found this site and was hoping to get some help. Thanks in advance, and hopefully can pitch in where I can. Sully

daniel_leavitt2000

Good luck...

Bachmann has decided not to do heavyweight passenger cars like they did in HO. If you have the modern version, you might be able to use various streamlined passenger cars from Kato, Con-Cor and soon Walthers.

sully14

Thanks for the info, Daniel.

The Great Destroyer

Hey,
I was wondering what the differances are to the modern and the old style one other that the light?I was on the 611 back in 84 or 85 I was only 7 I got to go inside the engine it was a great experience.I just recently realized that this loco came out and decided to start collecting and building.If someone could help in this area I could make a decision on the one I want to buy.Thanks in advance for the help.
"That moble suit is too much for any one man to handle,if he could,he would be superior to the entire human race."

sully14

Can't tell you for sure the exact differences, but go with the new one. From what I have heard it just performs better all around. Plus, it has the constant directional lighting, and is set up to take a dcc decoder if and when you decide to go that route. I just got mine, and it is sweet! Sully