News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

newby question

Started by whatsamatteru, July 17, 2009, 04:33:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

whatsamatteru

just got a lionel pennslyvania flyer set, 2009.  cannot get the loco to run.  its getting power because the lights are working and i can here the engine but it wont run.  not forward or reverse.  i tried switching the buttons on the bottom of the train and still nothing.  any ideas.   thanks

panniertankboy8751

Take off the shell of the loco or if the moter is in the tender, the tender shell. Check for any loose connections and oil the gears. Also check if the pick-up on the bottom of the engine is clean, if it is a three-rail train.  :)

Joe Satnik

Dear Wahoo,

Try posting this question in the "Williams by Bachmann" sub-forum. 

Mention "New Lionel set loco won't run" in the subject line. 

Mention the set name and number (6-xxxxx) and the type of transformer/controller used (CW-80, e.g.) in the body of the post. 

Hope this helps.

Sincerely,

Joe Satnik

Edit: Added "set name and"
If your loco is too heavy to lift, you'd better be able to ride in, on or behind it.

whatsamatteru

thanks i will try that.  tomorrow going down to the lionel dealer and mabye he can help

glennk28

Sounds like the reverse unit is stuck in neutral.  gj

whatsamatteru

the maintenance guy is out till next week.  did you know that motor only costs ten bucks.  i couldnt believe it.  the other dealer that was there said he thinks its the gears because the motor is running but not going anywhere.  will just have to see what labor will cost.  i do believe its under warrenty though.