News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Screws for a n leaigh valley reefer

Started by usher42, April 05, 2007, 06:23:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

usher42

what size screws can relace for a n scale Leigh Valley reefer , i lost  my screws. Can anyone help me

Train Nutz

Usher42,
   Best thing to do is contact Bachmann Industries for either replacements or just getting the size you need. You might also take the car and one truck to your local hardware store and have someone their assist you with finding the right size screw. Just make sure that the head of the screw is flat and not beveled on the opposite side. It must be flat at both sides of the top. The threads will be simular to a sheet metal screw but must be small eough to fit the hole on the car and catch the inner threads. You might also look into nylon screws made to the same size diamentions above. They come in black and white colors. It shouldn't be difficult to find some kind of replacement screws to get your Lehigh Valley car back into revenue service.
                                                 Train Nutzzzzzzzzzzz

frank moorhead

sometimes, the easiest approach is to take a screw out of a similar car, then head for the local hardware store.
i had a similar problem with a tank car, and found this approach to be quite easy.
frank

Train Nutz

That's actually a better idea provided that usher42 has more than one Bachmann car to take the screw from.  He never mentioned that he had anymore whether it's a lone car or from a set. Hopefully he has another.
                                              Train Nutzzzzzzz