News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Newby buys 2 SHAYS on line.

Started by bill Bagley, July 19, 2009, 04:27:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bill Bagley

Being no expert on E-Bay or Bachmann. I bid, I bought a 2 truck shay[b]#81196[/b]. by accident. I wanted another one but it closed before my automatic got close to his Min.
My question I thought all 2 truck Shays were the same. Wrong newby, the latest ones are numbered 82194 -198.
My question, any thing any body can tell me about the early ones?

The other is a better story I hope, A brand new 55 ton 3 truck, West side lumber. Listed as C-10 brand new. I set a higher number than the opening bid. Which no one had bid on it. I guess I was the only sucker available.
Just kidding, never expected to get it for the opening price when the buy it now was about +$200.
Any thing interesting on these except Tsun-- sound is a little "light".?

Thanks for the feed back, am well equiped in geared Engine as soon as the UPS guy brings them.

Steve Stockham

Bill,
  I can't answer for the three-truck but the two truck Shay is a good runner with one small exception, the power trucks have plastic in their gearing and the plastic is deteriorating to the point where most (if not all) of the early Shays will need to have them replaced! Now, the good news is that the new run of Shays (the 38-ton steel sided versions) have metal power trucks.
  Why is this good news when you are going to be the proud posessor of a 35-ton wood sided version? Simple. Bachmann has made the metal power trucks available to be purchased separately for retro-fitting to the earlier version and once they are the Shay is just as good as the later version! This is what I did and my Shay is better than new!!