News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

im tired

Started by whatsamatteru, July 19, 2009, 07:34:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

whatsamatteru

hi, been working on my layout non stop.  one, i keep messing things up and two i love it.  somethings i have done look like a b movie standard but oh well.  got the oval track done with the ballast.  that i think looks good.  i got on photobucket and uploaded a pic.  now well see if i can figure out how to get it in here.

whatsamatteru

lets see if this works

whatsamatteru

nope guess not.  copy and pasted that url thing but didnt work

CNE Runner

Don, don't give up on posting pictures...you will eventually get the procedure correct. I had all kinds of trouble when I first started posting images as well. Since I rarely have a post with images; I always have to relearn how it is done.

If you are getting burnt out - working on your layout - it is time to step away from the project. Model railroading (for most of us) is a avocation (hobby) NOT a vocation (job). It should be relaxing. Currently I have three structures under construction (one for me and two for clients); and I can't seem to get started on any of them. So what do I do? I start construction on a switching puzzle for a local group home...talk about efficient use of time...NOT!

Hang in there - Rome and the Burlington Santa Fe weren't built in a day.

Ray
"Keeping my hand on the throttle...and my eyes on the rail"

whatsamatteru

good idea.  my track is ten feet long and i did the ballast all at once.  think next time i will do it in halves.  also i used the green grass mat.  now i realize that was probally not a good idea.  it looks just too  uniform.  but with the track now nailed and ballasted down guess thats it.  i guess i could use the ground cover to break it up and just throw it over the grass.  also this morning i just learned about foam and cork.  my track is right on the matted grass on the plywood.  kinda loud.  but the ballast seems to help some too.  oh well. 

SteamGene

The first layout is to learn on.
Gene
Chief Brass Hat
Virginia Tidewater and Piedmont Railroad
"Only coal fired steam locomotives"

CNE Runner

Gene you are sooo correct! The first layout is a learning experience...so is the second, the third, the.... Don, look at all the 'fun' you have ahead of you!

Ray
"Keeping my hand on the throttle...and my eyes on the rail"

Jim Banner

wahoo4db,
I see you are still having trouble inserting photos.  What you need to insert that photo is this code, no more, no less:

[img]http://i989.photobucket.com/albums/af18/wahoo4db/callawayputter010-1.jpg[/img]

Where did I get that link?  From Photobucket.  On the page where they show that photo full size, there is a box on the left that says "share this photo".  I copied the Direct Link and pasted it here.  For most photos, you can copy and paste the address line but Photobucket adds some script into the url.

When you put that in your post, here is what you get:

Jim
Growing older is mandatory but growing up is optional.

whatsamatteru

hi jim,  i did figure it out and posted some pictures.  should be done with the layout this weekend.  my first one.  i have to admit that i no carpenter skills what so ever.   my friends were impressed that i could even build the benchwork.  lol

Woody Elmore

I hate to tell you this but layouts are never finished. You start changing things around and soon you'll be designing number two.

whatsamatteru

hi, done with the layout.  got to go to graduation party.  i will post the pics later tonight.  i am happy with it being my first layout

bevernie

;DGREETINGS :o!!PLEASE EXCUSE ME, GENE, AND RAY, AND DON, AND EVERYONE ELSE, BUT...     ???   I am attempting something that has never yet been done before (-or so it would seem from reading these posts). I am attempting to build a layout with all the mistakes having been made and thought through before completion of said layout, such that when the layout is finished, it will be just that... FINISHED!! :o
     Yes, I am aware that in attempting such a fete, many of the articles and buildings, and vehicles used in the design and structure of that complexity will have become antiques years ago, but that will just add to the enjoyment to be experienced in a job well done!! ;)
                                                                                      THANX!!
                                                             8)                        Ernie

www.3abn.com   www.amazingfacts.com    www.bibleinfo.com

rogertra

Quote from: bevernie on July 26, 2009, 07:11:40 PM
 I am attempting something that has never yet been done before (-or so it would seem from reading these posts). I am attempting to build a layout with all the mistakes having been made and thought through before completion of said layout, such that when the layout is finished, it will be just that... FINISHED!

Sorry but that's impossible. 

No matter how skilled you are, no matter how many layouts you've built, you can rest assured that you will make mistakes.  Perhaps on the next layout after this one wil be perfect? 

On second thoughts, not a chance of that either.  :)

bevernie

;DGREETINGS!!-AND GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!! >:(  I'll cosider that a challenge, Sir, that I should complete a PERFECT LAYOUT the FIRT TIME!!
   :POf course, we must note that no time limit is set on the completion of that layout, and the standards against which said layout are to be judged are mine, solely, so....  TIME WILL TELL!! ;)
   WE'LL NOW CONSIDER THE CLOCK TICKING, SIR!!! :o

THANX!!
                                                            8)                             Ernie
www.3abn.com   www.amazingfacts.com    www.bibleinfo.com

SteamGene

To begin, it's "consider," not "cosider." 
Important?  Placing that turnout under the bridge, just inside the tunnel..... :D
Gene
Chief Brass Hat
Virginia Tidewater and Piedmont Railroad
"Only coal fired steam locomotives"